• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion Bandai Namco joins the list of companies ruining their logo for absolutely no reason

Is this the first megaton news thread on FamiBoards?

I don't hate it in isolation, but the old logo always made me think of a lumpy Katamari:

ta4mhhdn_400x400.png

The version where the names are still stacked on top of each other is sorta good. Would be better if the color was red instead of internet purple.

It's kinda crazy just how nondescript this new logo is. Personally I was never a huge fan of the previous B-N logo in comparison to the old Namco and Bandai logos but damn that one is way better than this.

Is this the first megaton news thread on FamiBoards?

I don't hate it in isolation, but the old logo always made me think of a lumpy Katamari:

ta4mhhdn_400x400.png
That’s a pretty good view of the old logo. Think they could have tidied it up or made some kind of visual tweak to make it pop more. This looks like Twitch to me.

I don’t like it’s a chat bubble, and I don’t like that they abandoned their colors as well. This minimalist trend has to stop someday, right? Right???

Hey, as long as they're bringing back Klonoa, they can change it to poop emoji i don't care.

I don't exactly have nice things to say about the logo they've had since the merger and found it equally lacking, so this is just a lateral move at worst.

Well with that colour choice I guess we now know that Bamco has an official bias for Princess/Cute type idols over the others:

C7imnDT.jpeg

I never really liked the older post-merger logo much either tbh, but it at least was unique and had some character. This new logo is super forgettable.

They could have at least made the top half of the speech bubble orange and the bottom half red or something!

Change is never easy. Yes, it dosen‘t look good, but it really depends on other graphical elements and corporate design how well it will work in the end. In a year either no one will care about it or they change it back to the old one.

How do you not use Comic Sans and still end up with a font that feels as cheap as Comic Sans?

I never thought their current logo (I guess former now) was something great or iconic, but it was fine, at least recognizable at a glance. The new one lost a lot of personality, and I actually find it kind of ugly. If they were looking for something more minimalist they should have looked towards the old pre-merger classic Namco red logo for inspiration, that was simple, but a good lesson in iconography and at least pleasing to the eyes.

I never thought their current logo (I guess former now) was something great or iconic, but it was fine, at least recognizable at a glance. The new one lost a lot of personality, and I actually find it kind of ugly. If they were looking for something more minimalist they should have looked towards the old pre-merger classic Namco red logo for inspiration, that was simple, but a good lesson in iconography and at least pleasing to the eyes.
Or brought back the BanPresto logo

If they were looking for something more minimalist they should have looked towards the old pre-merger classic Namco red logo for inspiration, that was simple, but a good lesson in iconography and at least pleasing to the eyes.
Both companies had superior minimalist logos pre-merger. Even just stacking them on top of each other would have looked better.

Both companies had superior minimalist logos pre-merger. Even just stacking them on top of each other would have looked better.
I forgot what the old Bandai logo looked like so I grabbed the case from Digimon World for PS1, and your absolutely right even the colouring matches. I get that they probably wanted something for their new "purpose" but they really missed the mark.

Speaking of which I read the press release or whatever you'd call it that they put out with this new logo about their new era and purpose and it's just a load of nothing. If the point was to say that they intend to be a more global brand ( I would already consider them a fairly global brand even beyond video games ) they approached it quite awkwardly.

These aren't ideal, especially the ones that mix two fonts, but at least they have some sort of style and character. I always feel bad about shitting on a graphic designer's job because you never know what they were asked for but the new one is just awful.

Back
Top Bottom