• A new Metroid event is now active. Come join the fun over in Aurc's thread!

Film Avatar: The Way of Water | Official Trailer | In Theaters Dec 16

Dardan Sandiego

Dill Spowser‘s nephew
Founder
Pronouns
he/him
FrigidHairyBorer-max-1mb.gif

zhou

Tektite
Contributor
Pronouns
He/Him/His
Visually, looks quite nice. I need to rewatch the first one soon.

Joe

Video games are cool
Pronouns
He/Him
I'm so hyped!

I was really "meh" on the first Avatar ever since 2009 but when I rewatched it earlier this year I gained a whole new appreciation for it. I loved the gorgeous worldbuilding and the bold unapologetic political stances it took (something this anti-American-military right after the Bush era was incredibly brave to put into a mass appeal blockbuster and I respect it so much for that). We really need this type of visionary blockbuster filmmaking again.

bellydrum

website dad
Administrator
Pronouns
he / him
I was pleasantly surprised (and a bit relieved) that I still loved the first one after seeing it in theaters last September for the re-release.

It's crazy watching it with ten years of anti-American sentiment growing within me and having it resonate more because of that.

I feel like as long as the sequels will:

• hold to the anti fascism overtones
  • continue with the indulgent worldbuilding
  • surprise us with cutting edge visuals

then I'll be on board, day one, for Avatars 2-5. Lol

Dardan Sandiego

Dill Spowser‘s nephew
Founder
Pronouns
he/him
I was pleasantly surprised (and a bit relieved) that I still loved the first one after seeing it in theaters last September for the re-release.

It's crazy watching it with ten years of anti-American sentiment growing within me and having it resonate more because of that.

I feel like as long as the sequels will:

• hold to the anti fascism overtones
  • continue with the indulgent worldbuilding
  • surprise us with cutting edge visuals

then I'll be on board, day one, for Avatars 2-5. Lol
I'm planning on watching the extended edition for the first time ever this week 👀

Dardan Sandiego

Dill Spowser‘s nephew
Founder
Pronouns
he/him

New trailer, didn’t see it posted. Looks incredible as expected. After rewatching the first one and enjoying it immensely my girlfriend and I are getting really excited for Way of Water.

bellydrum

website dad
Administrator
Pronouns
he / him
God damn this is a good looking movie

Also

THEY KEPT THAT SHOT IN THE TRAILER

1669147284245.png

Top Bottom