• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion Anyone here used one of these Switch controllers before?

ITSMILNER

Tingle
71r82oaMn1L._AC_UL600_SR600,600_.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/314998892139?itmmeta=01HTF3T2V9E66FD0D587H9QC9T&hash=item495765a66b:g:zJcAAOSwaddli9dI&itmprp=enc:AQAJAAAA4LxMQ6DVjbzGMA9E3G7CVaPzFX9YGEF6DG1me8hyBCWxAbIRmfKMe5VTAAetwp+EKXIYUbF2fl5EsdNuQB6k2WQ7U9y0sDvGgMGsH4miKeNwogbiZUjoS1Qvtf8b2KwboFo1Fjdt3fsZ6Vf2tX3vZXSbrv/W2gPMaurXBposz1yVn6TRBcmnFcuEtUlnUMzdpSqooOMylfTAvignwQQjOJvZnCqGSOqP9oHSfzNN8h8avpgobgnm7MEq2kUI5yBHnKITnoBBwConV2ow7U8iPqGhx2vYpqiE62YxMcM+1MWH|tkp:BFBM4K3o49Nj

They look like they could be quite comfy for handheld mode but I can’t see any reviews online for this particular model (This one has the sticks similar to Pro Controller as opposed to one I keep seeing where the sticks are in line with each other at the top)

I’m swinging back and forth between buying one of these or the NYXI Wizard GameCube joycons. Just trying to see which one would be more comfortable/better quality.

Last edited:
Not what you asked, but I got these mobapad joycons and like the feel of em quite a bit.
Hall-effect sticks, HD rumble, clicky buttons, all noice.

Only prob so far is the white color which will prolly start looking dirty fast!

They look like they could be quite comfy for handheld mode but I can’t see any reviews online for this particular model (This one has the sticks similar to Pro Controller as opposed to one I keep seeing where the sticks are in line with each other at the top)
Hey so uuhhhh

First question: does this have to have the Switch plugged into it like that to function or can it pair wirelessly and

Second question: where are these others you see with the sticks in line at the top?

This might be the WiiU gamepad-style alternative for Switch that I've been jonesing for

Hey so uuhhhh

First question: does this have to have the Switch plugged into it like that to function or can it pair wirelessly and

Second question: where are these others you see with the sticks in line at the top?

This might be the WiiU gamepad-style alternative for Switch that I've been jonesing for

This is the alternative joystick version

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/37502599...P1qnG7/KoP7GyYFVOuLsPKPQ==|tkp:Bk9SR8D7-PTTYw

I’m not sure it it can pair wirelessly without the Switch though.

Thanks! Reading that description though it does kinda sound like they're saying it has to be plugged in to work. But I'm at least glad someone's still making symmetrical high-mount sticks!

Yeah, i don’t think it has its own battery unfortunately. Wonder what the actual quality of them is like though

71r82oaMn1L._AC_UL600_SR600,600_.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/314998892139?itmmeta=01HTF3T2V9E66FD0D587H9QC9T&hash=item495765a66b:g:zJcAAOSwaddli9dI&itmprp=enc:AQAJAAAA4LxMQ6DVjbzGMA9E3G7CVaPzFX9YGEF6DG1me8hyBCWxAbIRmfKMe5VTAAetwp+EKXIYUbF2fl5EsdNuQB6k2WQ7U9y0sDvGgMGsH4miKeNwogbiZUjoS1Qvtf8b2KwboFo1Fjdt3fsZ6Vf2tX3vZXSbrv/W2gPMaurXBposz1yVn6TRBcmnFcuEtUlnUMzdpSqooOMylfTAvignwQQjOJvZnCqGSOqP9oHSfzNN8h8avpgobgnm7MEq2kUI5yBHnKITnoBBwConV2ow7U8iPqGhx2vYpqiE62YxMcM+1MWH|tkp:BFBM4K3o49Nj

I’m swinging back and forth between buying one of these or the NYXI Wizard GameCube joycons. Just trying to see which one would be more comfortable/better quality.
No but I have the nitrodeck and its pretty good If your looking for a switch controller that avoids joycons I would recommend the nitro deck.

Thing with the Nitrodeck is the right stick placement looks awkward, plus it’s a bit pricey and with the possibility the Switch 2 won’t fit in it puts me off more so.

Thing with the Nitrodeck is the right stick placement looks awkward, plus it’s a bit pricey and with the possibility the Switch 2 won’t fit in it puts me off more so.
The Nitro Deck 2 is on its way and I think they changed the joystick layout and its a buiilt in dock so you can just put an hdmi into it from a tv and you can have a dock with you at all times.

The Nitro Deck 2 is on its way and I think they changed the joystick layout and its a buiilt in dock so you can just put an hdmi into it from a tv and you can have a dock with you at all times.
That's a game changer though I'm paranoid of third party docks bricking the Switch, I hope they figured out the proper USB-C power delivery.

don’t get the Wizard. Unless they improved from the first run, it’s really bad. A shame since I would love a GC joycon
I was surprised the Wizard wasn't so well received because it seemed like it had a lot going for it, but have you looked into the NYXI Warrior? It seems like a vast improvement over Wizard according to the pre-order page, and even has compatibility with a Gamecube adapter. I wouldn't be surprised if customers felt jilted though that the new controller is a dollar cheaper, though.

The chart below is from their website comparing the two

NYXI-Warrior-Wireless-Controller-Purple-style_900x.jpeg

Warrior​
nyxi-wizard-gamecube-controller_375x.jpeg

Wizard​
Price​
$68.99 USD​
$69.99 USD​
Compatible​
Gamecube, Switch, Wii, Windows​
Switch/Switch OLED​
Connectivity​
Bluetooth, 2.4G Wireless Connection, USB-C Wired Connection​
Wireless(Bluetooth); Wired (Connect to the console)​
HD Rumble​
✅
❌
Hall Effect Joystick​
✅
✅
Hall Sensing Analog Triggers​
✅
❌
Optical Microswitches​
ABXY & D-Pad​
❌
6-Axis Gyro​
Works on Nintendo Switch Games​
✅

That's a game changer though I'm paranoid of third party docks bricking the Switch, I hope they figured out the proper USB-C power delivery.
Iv been using third party docks for years and Iv used like 5 of them and never had issues. I think the 3rd party dock issue was fixed near launch of the system after that initial news happened.

Omg that

I want that, as a controller, without the need to dock a Switch into it.

Give plz
only thing is you need to have a mini hdmi adapter to hdmi adapter with you but there pretty small and I would just keep it in my switch case. I cant wait for this.

If they bring out a Nitro Deck+ for Switch 2 I’ll probably give it a try then, unless Nintendo release actual comfortable joycon that is.

I was surprised the Wizard wasn't so well received because it seemed like it had a lot going for it, but have you looked into the NYXI Warrior? It seems like a vast improvement over Wizard according to the pre-order page, and even has compatibility with a Gamecube adapter. I wouldn't be surprised if customers felt jilted though that the new controller is a dollar cheaper, though.

The chart below is from their website comparing the two

NYXI-Warrior-Wireless-Controller-Purple-style_900x.jpeg

Warrior​
nyxi-wizard-gamecube-controller_375x.jpeg

Wizard​
Price​
$68.99 USD​
$69.99 USD​
Compatible​
Gamecube, Switch, Wii, Windows​
Switch/Switch OLED​
Connectivity​
Bluetooth, 2.4G Wireless Connection, USB-C Wired Connection​
Wireless(Bluetooth); Wired (Connect to the console)​
HD Rumble​
✅
❌
Hall Effect Joystick​
✅
✅
Hall Sensing Analog Triggers​
✅
❌
Optical Microswitches​
ABXY & D-Pad​
❌
6-Axis Gyro​
Works on Nintendo Switch Games​
✅

Yeah, I was pretty excited when it was announced but unfortunately I encounter some problems. My problem with the Wizard is more so the form factor than the functionalities. The grip doesn't feel like a GC controller. The back buttons is hard to reach. And the L/R and triggers are very noisy. Not the biggest issue and are mentioned in some reviews.

My dealbreakers are the face buttons. The buttons feel flat and a bit mushy. Like pressing on a tablet. I never noticed it before but my actual Nintendo GC controllers have slanted and rounded buttons to help with that. Also the A button hump is too high and my finger would go into the hump upon press. A real shame since joystick and dpad feel really nice. The Warrior seems to fix the grip and the back button placement. Maybe better trigger design also but nothing to the face button themselves,

Yeah, I was pretty excited when it was announced but unfortunately I encounter some problems. My problem with the Wizard is more so the form factor than the functionalities. The grip doesn't feel like a GC controller. The back buttons is hard to reach. And the L/R and triggers are very noisy. Not the biggest issue and are mentioned in some reviews.

My dealbreakers are the face buttons. The buttons feel flat and a bit mushy. Like pressing on a tablet. I never noticed it before but my actual Nintendo GC controllers have slanted and rounded buttons to help with that. Also the A button hump is too high and my finger would go into the hump upon press. A real shame since joystick and dpad feel really nice. The Warrior seems to fix the grip and the back button placement. Maybe better trigger design also but nothing to the face button themselves,
Oh ew, yeah the face buttons would mess with me too if they didn't have any substance behind them. Thanks for the heads up; if that's the case I'll also hold off until reviews come out for this new controller.

Back
Top Bottom