• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Retro Anyone have the GC Café E3 2006 DVD? Hopefully it has the best-quality conference recordings

Hero of Legend

Like Like
Pronouns
He/Him
So I've uploaded all three conferences from E3 2004 and 2005, and also Nintendo's E3 2002 and 2003 conferences. Here's my main thread for all of this.

Right now I have my sites on the biggie; Nintendo's E3 2006 conference. Good news is, I have in my possession a full 640x480 .wmv cut from IGN, though it has their watermark and is strictly 30fps. Just holding off uploading it in case I find a better version (I could do so anyway and I just might). Edit: Just did.

I downloaded the iso of Official Nintendo Magazine's DVD which has a near perfect version of the Wii E3 2006 montage video, only it's in interlaced 25fps since it's a PAL disc and still has blended frames (so it can be restored to 50fps at least). Here's my deinterlaced upload of that:

Even then, I'm trying to find one as good as Nextgenvideos produced back in the day. Tragically they shutdown after making a TGS 2005 DVD, so talk about leaving before the best part!

So I learned today good ol' GC Cafe did make DVD and via Wayback found they did release an E3 2006 DVD (they were in the US) and sold it on eBay. But no other source exists online. Nothing on eBay today, no YouTube uploads, nada.

CARSLOCK on YouTube has an unwatermarked upload of the conference but I can't find anyway of contacting the user to see if I can find the source and obtain the original file. Plus I don't know if it was 60fps originally (it's a 480p upload which 99% of the time cut any vid to 30fps).

Well, all I can do now is ask around! Anyone here able to help? Thanks! :)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom