• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Fun Club Anyone else keep misreading StarTopic as StarTropic?

What do you see?

• StarTopic

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • StarTropic

Votes: 21 75.0%

• Total voters

BassForever

Master of the Undernet
Pronouns
He/Him
I know I'm just super tired from the upcoming 10/15 tax deadline, but I can't be the only person who keeps seeing it as StarTropic when glancing through the list of threads.

Maybe it was intentional, this board want's to plant subliminal messages in our minds. Has anyone tried dipping Famiboards in water to see if they find a secret message?

I see StarTopic and I hope it's a nod to StarTropics.

Famiboards is hinting at the new Startropics game coming to Switch.
My hidden agenda in coming up with this name was to remind someone at NCL (once this forum gets big enough that people there are aware of it) that Startropics exists because clearly very few of them are aware of it.

And by hidden agenda I mean clearly and explicitly stated goal.

Every single time.
But I'm sure as noted already, that is the funny and I am all here for it.

Now that StarTropics finally has it's own thread, here's a banger tune from the first game.

Every single time.
But I'm sure as noted already, that is the funny and I am all here for it.

Now that StarTropics finally has it's own thread, here's a banger tune from the first game.

One of my favorite gaming tracks right there. Startropics 2 has some great music too:

Despite being a meh game 2 does have a ton of fantastic music.

One of my favorite gaming tracks right there. Startropics 2 has some great music too:

Despite being a meh game 2 does have a ton of fantastic music.

Yeah Cave really is fantastic, I adore it.

Yeah ST2 isnt really that great but good music for sure! =)

My hidden agenda in coming up with this name was to remind someone at NCL (once this forum gets big enough that people there are aware of it) that Startropics exists because clearly very few of them are aware of it.

And by hidden agenda I mean clearly and explicitly stated goal.
Let's hope they hear it - though they would have to take the bananas out of their ears first.
(Also, glad to know it's on purpose. Such a fun little nod!)

Rename general gaming forums to StarTropics appreciation forum

I just assumed that was the point.

I’m also one of the monsters that likes those two games.

Back
Top Bottom