• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Anime |ST| Is Captain Falcon more anime than Fire Emblem?

Yay new Symphogear project announced! Guessing it is a prequel since the clock spun backwards and the show ended pretty definitively in season 5.

Coming here to drop this since I don't think it has been done before:

This movie is already among the things I'm most excited about next year. SSSS Gridman and SSSS Dynazenon have forced their way through my fave anime series very quickly and they're Trigger at its best, alternating some of the best CG animation and over-the-top action I've ever seen with a subtle atmosphere in the non-action moments, kind of reminding me of Hosoda's approach to Digimon.

If you still didn't give them a watch they have my utmost recommendation.

What is this
The Magical Revolution of the Reincarnated Princess and the Genius Young Lady one of several Villainess shows next season. Tho it falls in the second category. Main character reincarnated as a princess in a world of magic… but can’t use magic because she’s a reincarnator. So she starts developing magic tools. One malfunctions and she crashes her brother’s party where he’s annulling his engagement. She decides the fiancée would be the perfect assistant. A wild story beings. Oh and she gave up the throne for her research, adventures and because she didn’t want to take a man as a lover

Lot of great new shows and sequels next season, I’ll share my prelim list after I make it this weekend

I'm really going to miss Mob when this season ends.
One of my favourites ever, both the manga and the anime. I’m just thankful we’ll have the whole story adapted, I honestly didn’t think we’d get here in that break between seasons 1 and 2.

Bocchi was awesome this week. This has been such an incredible season for anime for both quality and quantity. Sad we are entering the home stretch, but excited to see everything wrap up.

Episode 8 of Chainsaw Man was the moment I REALLY got hooked to the series when I read the manga.

I hope the people working on this show know they are MASTERFUL at what they do!!!

Bocchi is still my fav of this season, but I'd be lying if I said no other series comes close to it this season!

Akiba Maid War is still being as insane as possible and I still love it. XD

Also lots of interesting developments in To Your Eternity s2!! Fushi's suffering is still continuing too alas...

The Magical Revolution of the Reincarnated Princess and the Genius Young Lady one of several Villainess shows next season. Tho it falls in the second category. Main character reincarnated as a princess in a world of magic… but can’t use magic because she’s a reincarnator. So she starts developing magic tools. One malfunctions and she crashes her brother’s party where he’s annulling his engagement. She decides the fiancée would be the perfect assistant. A wild story beings. Oh and she gave up the throne for her research, adventures and because she didn’t want to take a man as a lover

Lot of great new shows and sequels next season, I’ll share my prelim list after I make it this weekend
Oh, it's a "villainess" show. Sounds good. Whatever, maybe I'll watch.

Oh, it's a "villainess" show. Sounds good. Whatever, maybe I'll watch.
It should be a lot of fun. Main character is nuts in a fun way. And yeah it’s the second category of villainess tho there’s a fun twist on that part of the story

Prelim version but here's my Winter watch list. will get some pruning and adjustments depending on who does pickups(like the Hidive stuff deciding what's priority)
cachedImage.png

Watched a bunch of stuff

Just started with JoJo Stone Ocean part 3… gonna be a wild ride. The first two eps are completely insane, loved it. Guess the gang will face some weirdos again.

I watched the first few episodes of Chainsaw Man and while I completely get why it is hyped… it doesn’t click with me. Maybe weird, but it’s kind of comparable to Devil Man Cry Baby for me in terms of “man how depressed/evil/spit on humanity will this get?”. Guess I have to be in the mood.

Boku no Hero Academia S6 is pretty action packed and isn’t pulling any punches. I know people seem to be down on the manga, but I’m still enjoying it and seeing several amazing scenes animated gets me pumped. League of villains are finally off the leash, with the heroes doing some amazing stuff too. Bakugo with the growth, finally.

You know the final arc of Bleach had its fair share of criticism (and with good reason), but seeing it animated makes it far more enjoyable. Animation is crisp, VA is still great and man, seeing a few of those Bankai animated makes me go “fuck yes I’ve waited for this”.

And Spy x Family, well Anya says it’s good and it really is. Yor ❤️

I just watched and finished Twin Star Exorcists. Thought that was a pretty solid horror/sci-fi/fantasy anime.

I watched the first few episodes of Chainsaw Man and while I completely get why it is hyped… it doesn’t click with me. Maybe weird, but it’s kind of comparable to Devil Man Cry Baby for me in terms of “man how depressed/evil/spit on humanity will this get?”. Guess I have to be in the mood.
Chainsaw Man's story takes a bit to get going. I personally prefer the manga though I get why the anime might be off putting at first. The most recent episode that aired seems to be a turning point for anime-only people because I'm seeing a lot more praise for it now.

That said, it doesn't stop being depressing and violent. It's definitely inspired by Devilman.

God damn I forgot how hard the final arc of Mob Psycho goes. Some of that last episode was just brutal to watch.

Amazing Mob this week with spectacular animation and stellar voice work. Agree with YoboD, it felt rough to watch at points.

Really enjoyed Bocchi this week too!

Bocchi is consistently great as well, for something that’s come from nowhere for me I’m really enjoying it a lot.

Completed Stone Ocean

I… I need to sit down. What the hell.

Seeing the Joestars essentially lose, that hurts. Pucchi’s Stand is absolutely terrifying, but I do love the fact Emporio let Weather Report have the final say in Pucchi’s defeat.

The ending is interesting; it seems that the souls of Jotaro, Jolyne, Anastasia, Ermes etc didn’t survive, but does that mean that with the new versions of “Irene”, who does have the birthmark, it seems that Pucchi was wrong? It is a happy ending with Irene and Anakiss being an item and that a version of Jotaro is out there.

Still, it will take time to adjust to this

Finally saw Cyberpunk Edgerunners. Imaishi is finally living up to TTGL's greatness godddamn. David and Lucy are the best, I could have watched a series that revolved entirely around them doing mundane shit. I haven't liked an anime's boy meets girl story this much since Rintaro's Metropolis. The action was super well animated and all but I don't care about that, I really liked the dynamic those two had and Nightcity affected them.

I’ve heard the story falls off a cliff beyond this arc, but thus far I’ve been really enjoying My Hero Academia Season 6. The animation and pacing recovered after the disastrous season 5 and the voice acting has been really elevating the big moments.

Watched Bocchi and Pop Team Epic yesterday, both were excellent fun as always. Been keeping up with Mob, but I fell behind on my other three shows (Gundam, Spy X Family, Chainsaw Man). Since I’m no longer juggling games, I’m hoping I can catch up this week, though my schedule is both busy and uncertain.

Hey we got the PV for “I’m in Love with the Villainess” this is a fun one

Also I’m the villainess so I’ll tame the final boss was great and ended on a high note

Hey we got the PV for “I’m in Love with the Villainess” this is a fun one

Also I’m the villainess so I’ll tame the final boss was great and ended on a high note

Both of those manga were so good! I honestly love the villainess genre.

Sad Mob is ending next week, but I’m excited to see how it all ends. Episode 11 was awesome!

NieR anime is confirmed to have an English dub in production... will be interesting to see if they get the English game cast considering Kyle McCarley (9S) has had issues with Crunchyroll/Sony and their non-union voice acting employment practices

Sad Mob is ending next week, but I’m excited to see how it all ends. Episode 11 was awesome!
So many great character moments in this arc and character arcs coming full circle. Now they just need to nail the ending, not that there’s any real worry there.

I can't believe Akiba Maid War has managed to stay insane right until the (almost) end.
I've been thoroughly entertained by it every week. Theres just something really funny about maids being agressive for no reason. Especially when they're voiced by prominent va's. XD
I'm gonna miss it when it ends!

Ok, updated prelim list with crunchy pickups having final names and confirmed dubs. still annoyed Vampire dies S2 isnt confirmed for an in season dub but I'll definitely watch subbed then

cachedImage.png

Wrapped up Pop Team Epic Season 2 tonight. Amazing finale lol. Overall, this was such a strong season with tons of laughs and wonderful creativity. Nearly all of the segments, both small and large, hit with me this time. I really liked the first season, but I definitely didn’t feel as strongly as I did here where I’m really hoping we get more (the final tease makes me hopeful). I have no idea how they can top this season, but I’m so curious how they’d try.

Also watched Bocchi tonight and really enjoyed it. Hoping for an awesome finale next week!

The worst part of this season of anime is that I'm going to have to cope with it all ending this month. Cannot remember a season that had this many shows I was excited for every week in my 20 or so years of watching anime.

The worst part of this season of anime is that I'm going to have to cope with it all ending this month. Cannot remember a season that had this many shows I was excited for every week in my 20 or so years of watching anime.
Next season is a wild one for me, tons of adaptions I’m hype for

So uh, I guess normal viewers already forgave Watsuki with the new kenshin trailer. I didn't expect any better tbh but I have issues with the fact that a lot of sites only mention that the manga was on hiatus since 2017 but not WHY

Man did they nail the ending for Mob. I’m glad such a empathetic and well written work got such a good adaption, especially when you consider it’s probably not nearly as big as all the other shoenen hits. Can confidently say it’s one of my favourite anime ever now that the whole series has finished.

Fran’s Adventure(Sword Isekai) finale
Fun wrap up. Some fun reveals Amanda being her parent’s foster mom was a tear jerker. S2 or really cour 2 with that clean setup XD also Amanda mentioned her kooky Necromancer friend fun ride

I'm gonna miss Do It Yourself! it was my comfy anime of this season!

Mob Psycho 3 was great too, but I have to admit I consider this once the weakest season for me personally. The magic I felt with 1 and 2 was sadly missing here.

Sword anime was fun too! Glad it's getting a second season!

But this winter really has been insanely stacked with quality shows! I dread seeing Bocchi, Akiba Maid and Chainsaw end.🥲

I'll need to start looking up which animes are gonna air next season!

Awesome ending for Mob. Definitely hit me with Reigen’s heartfelt conversation. So glad we got to see the whole story through to the end. I’d love more, even just the characters hanging out one more time in like an OVA or something down the road would be so cool, but it was such a good way to end I’m definitely conflicted lol. Once the blu rays hit for Season 3 I’ll have to rewatch the whole series for sure. What an awesome show.

Awesome ending for Mob. Definitely hit me with Reigen’s heartfelt conversation. So glad we got to see the whole story through to the end. I’d love more, even just the characters hanging out one more time in like an OVA or something down the road would be so cool, but it was such a good way to end I’m definitely conflicted lol. Once the blu rays hit for Season 3 I’ll have to rewatch the whole series for sure. What an awesome show.
If we all wish hard enough, we can will the OVA of the Reigen spin-off into existence.

Finished Tiger And Bunny season 2. The plot is generally rougher around the edges than season 1, in part because season 1 concluded the characters' arc so thoroughly, and in part because Netflix split the season into two, but as someone who really liked season 1, this was a worthy follow up. Enjoyed the new heroes and the animation definitely looked more impressive than season 1. I wasn't big on the "superheroes are oppressed" storyline, even if that's a staple of the genre, but the characters, humor and heart carried it through.

I wouldn't say no to more of the show, but I think this is a good spot to end on. Rather leave me wanting more than feel like they ran it into the ground.

There doesn't seem to be much I'm interested in next season that I'm caught up with, so it's a good time to get around to the shows I missed this year. Haven't watched anime since Edgerunners back in September, and I still have a few shows from Spring I need to finish lol.

Is it fine to watch the current Gundam series if I haven't seen any of the others?

There doesn't seem to be much I'm interested in next season that I'm caught up with, so it's a good time to get around to the shows I missed this year. Haven't watched anime since Edgerunners back in September, and I still have a few shows from Spring I need to finish lol.

Is it fine to watch the current Gundam series if I haven't seen any of the others?
Yeah Gundam is standalone and a new take on the franchise. Make sure you watch the prologue, episode 0 when you check it out!

Yeah Gundam is standalone and a new take on the franchise. Make sure you watch the prologue, episode 0 when you check it out!
Guess I'll add it to the list, thanks! Ended up starting Lycoris Recoil first, but I'll probably check it out after I'm finished with that. I have like 9 shows to go through that I missed this year lol

Back
Top Bottom