• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Anime |ST| Is Captain Falcon more anime than Fire Emblem?

Got my prelim list for the fall. It’s a dense one
Mando_Fall_PAWL.PNG

My master has no tail is about a Tanuki girl that goes to the human world and winds up apprenticing under a Rakugo master

I'll be watching:
The Witch From Mercury
Urusei Yatsura

and of course I'll be continuing my Detective Conan marathon lol
I'm up to ep 547 now

I'll be watching:
The Witch From Mercury
Urusei Yatsura

and of course I'll be continuing my Detective Conan marathon lol
I'm up to ep 547 now
I can totally recommend “I’m the villainess so I’m taming the final boss” I read the manga which covered the first arc of the light novel last year(and is likely to be what this season of the show covers) and it was a blast

I can totally recommend “I’m the villainess so I’m taming the final boss” I read the manga which covered the first arc of the light novel last year(and is likely to be what this season of the show covers) and it was a blast
Tbh I'd never heard of it, but I just watched a trailer and it feels like one of those shows my wife will probably want to watch with me. Thanks for the recommendation!

Tbh I'd never heard of it, but I just watched a trailer and it feels like one of those shows my wife will probably want to watch with me. Thanks for the recommendation!
Yeah the villainess genre is pretty fun and this is the second major adaption we’ve got(first one being my next life as a villainess: all routes lead to doom, which was great). Tho unlike that one where Bakarina recalls her memories of another life and it being a game as a child and complete changes the plot before it begins, So I’ll tame the final boss has Aileen remember during the annulment ceremony. So the dynamic is quite different and Aileen’s personality isn’t effected, she just gets vague details. Oh and the fact she dies an ignominious death in every route XD. So she decides her only chance is going after the new game plus only route with the final boss. But her personality is the same so some hijinks ensue. (Not that she’s a bad person. Pretty competent. But extremely direct)

Some fun announcements this morning

Happy to see a S2 happen, loved S1

Now this is a fun one to see an adaption for, it’s nominally a villainess series, although the villainess is the secondary protag the lead abducts during the annulment ceremony

January is starting to get stacked now. Attack on Titan, Vinland Saga S2 and now The Vampire Dies in no Time S2.

January is starting to get stacked now. Attack on Titan, Vinland Saga S2 and now The Vampire Dies in no Time S2.
Another one that should be fun is the legendary king is reincarnated as girl to pursue swordsmanship

My partner loved The Vampire Dies in No Time. I haven't watched it, but I just showed them this news and they yelled "FINALLY!!!" lol

This is one of the ones I’m curious about this fall, but I’ve also been on a Rakugo kick due to Akane Bashi

I'm behind on all my seasonal animes, so I've been catching up on Lycoris Recoil, and oh my gosh Chisato and Takina are so precious!!!!

I love them!!!
Chisato is a very likable type of character I haven't seen often before! Abd they really bring out the best in each other!

I also tried catching up on Summertime Render but I'm a few episodes behind again, and WOW it's amazing. Really sad it's underrated. Great animation and mystery elements with a likable cast! Do give it a try if you haven't yet!

I'm behind on all my seasonal animes, so I've been catching up on Lycoris Recoil, and oh my gosh Chisato and Takina are so precious!!!!

I love them!!!
Chisato is a very likable type of character I haven't seen often before! Abd they really bring out the best in each other!

I also tried catching up on Summertime Render but I'm a few episodes behind again, and WOW it's amazing. Really sad it's underrated. Great animation and mystery elements with a likable cast! Do give it a try if you haven't yet!
Lycoris Recoil is definitely my favorite this season. The whole main cast is good and the action is awesome! Hope they stick the landing in the last few episodes.

Lycoris Recoil is definitely my favorite this season. The whole main cast is good and the action is awesome! Hope they stick the landing in the last few episodes.
Yeah, it’s been a fun season tho, Yakuza’s guide to babysitting, Extreme Hearts, Teppen!!!!, 5000 year old dragon gets unfairly villianized, phantom of the idol, Overlord IV and Parallel world pharmacy have all been fun watches

Next seasons gonna be wild tho. Also Gundam prologue was solid stuff

Yeah, it’s been a fun season tho, Yakuza’s guide to babysitting, Extreme Hearts, Teppen!!!!, 5000 year old dragon gets unfairly villianized, phantom of the idol, Overlord IV and Parallel world pharmacy have all been fun watches

Next seasons gonna be wild tho. Also Gundam prologue was solid stuff
With Xenoblade behind me I definitely have to catch up on anime, I’ve barely scratched the surface of this season lol.

Next season is straight up bonkers. Embarrassment of riches.

With Xenoblade behind me I definitely have to catch up on anime, I’ve barely scratched the surface of this season lol.

Next season is straight up bonkers. Embarrassment of riches.
Yup, already got my prelim list together, hopefully I can start putting some sites on the list next week, Crunchy should be putting up the fall season page soon. Hope they do the dub announcements on there again too
Mando_Fall_PAWL2.PNG

The villainess renaissance has begun! We just got another one announced for next year! This one falls under the second chance category. This is a fun one because she’s a lousy person trying to avoid a horrible fate. So her desperate and clumsy attempts to make a better future get misinterpreted as genius and altruism

Oh man, I’m feasting on all these villainess adaptions, I’m the villainess so I’ll take the final boss next season, Endo and Kobyashi’s Tsundere Villainess commentary, magic Revolution of a Princess and a genius girl, and now teardrop.

Now if only we could get Mad Dog Princess, Villainess slow life in prison, My Salaryman dad got reincarnated as the villainess, the one within the villainess , and please stop coming to the villainess’ stationary shop, all adapted

Fiveman came to my home last week and Abaranger is also coming, wheee

hopefully Shout will get BLACK/BLACK RX after Kuuga's Bluray, then.
I’ve never watched it. But thanks to Animetal I have RX’s theme stuck in my head “Wake up, the Hero”

I just checked the line up of the coming anime season, and 9 shows alone are continuations of shows I have seen. Basically ITS HELLA STACKED.

In the mean time I counted how many episodes I'm behind on current seasons shows, and it's 85 episodes 😭😭 Why did i let it get this far 😭

Fairly new to Anime, aside from watching a few things in the past like Death Note. I started Demon Slayer and quite like it, and will likely subscribe to Crunchyroll. I’ve got my eye on Jujutsu Kaisen, Attack on Titan and Tokyo Ghoul. Anything else anyone would recommend for someone relatively new to Anime?

Fairly new to Anime, aside from watching a few things in the past like Death Note. I started Demon Slayer and quite like it, and will likely subscribe to Crunchyroll. I’ve got my eye on Jujutsu Kaisen, Attack on Titan and Tokyo Ghoul. Anything else anyone would recommend for someone relatively new to Anime?
All of these are on Crunchyroll:

Cowboy Bebop
Mob Psycho 100
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
Hunter X Hunter

This should get you started, I listed them from shortest to longest. JoJo can take a bit to get going but most people enjoy it after the first half of season 1.

All of these are on Crunchyroll:

Cowboy Bebop
Mob Psycho 100
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
Hunter X Hunter

This should get you started, I listed them from shortest to longest. JoJo can take a bit to get going but most people enjoy it after the first half of season 1.
I love JoJo, favorite anime. Ridiculously fun.

I’ll second Mekanos with Mob Psycho 100 (season 3 is just a few weeks away if you enjoy it!). March Comes In Like A Lion, Nichijou, and Hajime No Ippo are all great on Crunchyroll too!

Oh boy, I can make quite the list, but I’ll try not to go too crazy and keep it to a couple. One of my fave genres is mecha so let’s kick off with:
Mazinger: edition Z (the impact. Generally called Shin Mazinger Z):
A reimagining of the original super robot, lots of fun bits pulled from Nagai’s other works and a great reboot, keeping the original vibe while doing its own thing and updating it. Word of warning, start with episode 2. Episode 1 is a weird alternate end is the beginning thing that will just be confusing. It’s a fun place to start for the Super robot vein of mecha

Normally this is where I’d recommend a Gundam. However you’re lucky, a new Gundam AU series starts next month. So I’m posting the prologue for that instead. If it catches your interest welcome to a rare experience of joining us all watching a new Gundam show from the start

My Next Life as a Villainess all routes lead to doom: Child hits her head, suddenly regains memories of her past life, realizes she is now living in the world of her favorite Otome(dating) game… except she’s the villainess, the love rival that gets exiled or killed in every ending. So since she has several years till the plot starts she decides to try and do everything she can to avert a bad ending.

Here’s some more general recommendations I won’t go into detail on unless you ask
SSSS Gridman
Knights and Magic(mecha show with a big focus on R&D)
Welcome to Demon school Iruma-kun! (Fun modern but classic feeling Shonen show)
Birdie Wing(Yuri, underworld, professional… golf!)
The Misfit of Demon King Academy(it’s just hilariously over the top)
Life With an ordinary guy who got reincarnated as a fantasy knockout(really fun inversion/parody on some Isekai tropes)
That Time I got Reincarnated as a Slime
Vampire Dies in No Time(buddy comedy about a pathetic Vampire, a Vampire hunter and John the Armadillo familiar)
Full metal Panic

If they were on Crunchy I’d recommend New Getter Robo and Muteking the Dancing Hero(this likely will be in the next couple months tho. It’s a Tatsunoko reboot and a fun tale of self expression and being yourself).

Edit: I also second Nichijou,

Last edited:
Hey there Anime fans and Toku fans! Just a little thread update for everyone.

When this wonderful forum was started almost a year ago, it made sense, at the time, to combine the anime and toku communities into one ST. We weren’t a huge forum then, so we didn’t want to spread our communities too thin!

After talking to this thread’s OP, @Mandos, we’ve agreed that, in the near future, this thread is going to be converted into just the Anime ST, and that I’ll be making a dedicated Tokusatsu ST! For now the two communities are welcome to continue all discussions here. I’ll put a post in here when the dedicated Tokusatsu ST is ready, and Mandos will change this thread’s title to reflect the split.

Thanks, everyone!

Just coming in here to post about how terrible it is that Crunchyroll is so against even discussing the possibility of working with a union that they have recast a show just to make it go away. I'm referring to the situation with Mob Psycho 100 and Kyle McCarley getting the boot for even asking for a sit down in exchange to do the show non union.

Seriously Crunchyroll is just the worst, fuck them. The merger with Funimation should have been blocked. I don't subscribe to them and never will, they are a blight on the anime industry.

And my list is assembled and mostly dated/site confirmed
cachedImage.png

The little lies we all tell snuck on my list after an excellent trailer

Last edited:
Just coming in here to post about how terrible it is that Crunchyroll is so against even discussing the possibility of working with a union that they have recast a show just to make it go away. I'm referring to the situation with Mob Psycho 100 and Kyle McCarley getting the boot for even asking for a sit down in exchange to do the show non union.

Seriously Crunchyroll is just the worst, fuck them. The merger with Funimation should have been blocked. I don't subscribe to them and never will, they are a blight on the anime industry.
People really don't realize that most dub actors are paid starvation wages, it's ridiculous. Movies like JJK0 and DB Super Hero made over 30 million at the US box office and most of the actors will get paid a couple hundred each.

Been catching up on some shows, finished Cyberpunk by Trigger which was pretty cool.

Catching up on Summer time Render... and after reaching a certain ep I need to take a break bc I'm sad :*) , but seriously this show has been slept on so bad.. might or might not end up in my top 10 if it sticks the landing tbh.

Some neat stuff announced at the Aniplex Online Fest:

Fate/Strange Fake TV Special (from the author of Bacanno and Durarara)

More Rascal anime, not sure if it’s another TV anime or another movie.

New Gen Urobuchi film with air planes and dragons: Eisen Flugel.

First look at the Nier Automata anime 1.1a:

Excited that Nier anime (ver 1.1a - so will probably be some shenanigans/additions like with Replicant) is coming in January!

Despite reducing prices in July in some regions, Crunchyroll seems to be increasing prices beginning October 31st (in some? regions)

Per email (in Australia):
"Beginning October 31st, 2022, the price of some Crunchyroll plans will increase from 7.99 AUD/month to 10.99 AUD/month...

As part of Crunchyroll’s transition to a unified subscription service with funimation, a necessary step to achieve completion of the unification is for Crunchyroll to adjust the prices in Australia for the Fan plan."

@Haziqonfire heads up, Crunchy just got a couple really fun ones in today’s update so I’m throwing them at yah

Magic Knight Rayearth
From studio clamp who would later do Card Captor Sakura, it’s a wild mix of Isekai, magical girl and mecha with rpg mechanics thrown in for some spice. 3 school girls get summoned to another world while on separate school trips to Tokyo Tower, and asked to save a world that runs off the power of will, it’s got some excellent twists and a pretty fun story overall. The second half/S2(not listed separately on CR) deals with the aftermath of the first season when they return after going home and has one of my all time fave ptsd arcs of all things
Starblazers 2199
Remake of the iconic Space Battleship Yamato, has some story edges left due to being based off a 70’s anime(it was Sunrise’s A team show at the same time the D team was making the original Gundam!) it’s a pretty fun ride overall. Far in the future earth’s been wrecked(and all water vaporized) by alien conquers with only a fraction of its population surviving. Using technology from another alien race that has promised a device that can restore the planet, the experimental battleship Yamato most travel across the universe before time runs out.

Sleepy Princess in the Demon castle
Demons have abducted the princess! It’s too bad for them she’s an absolute monster who will torture, sweet talk and bribe anyone she can to track down what she needs for a good nights sleep. Really fun and funny show but boy is she brutal.

Oh and not a new addition but the spinoff I didn’t know existed go added so here’s a fun Shonen suggestion
Assassination Classroom
Class E, the misfits class have been exiled to the remote backwoods school building, only to discover they’ve been involved in a government program where a monster that has claimed to have destroyed part of the moon has agreed to teach them all… how to assassinate Him! Surprising amount of feels in the second half of this one and some fun twists and turns

(The spinoff is a gag SD ish show that’s jrpg fantasy themed)

Last edited:
@Haziqonfire heads up, Crunchy just got a couple really fun ones in today’s update so I’m throwing them at yah

Magic Knight Rayearth
From studio clamp who would later do Card Captor Sakura, it’s a wild mix of Isekai, magical girl and mecha with rpg mechanics thrown in for some spice. 3 school girls get summoned to another world while on separate school trips to Tokyo Tower, and asked to save a world that runs off the power of will, it’s got some excellent twists and a pretty fun story overall. The second half/S2(not listed separately on CR) deals with the aftermath of the first season when they return after going home and has one of my all time fave ptsd arcs of all things
Starblazers 2199
Remake of the iconic Space Battleship Yamato, has some story edges left due to being based off a 70’s anime(it was Sunrise’s A team show at the same time the D team was making the original Gundam!) it’s a pretty fun ride overall. Far in the future earth’s been wrecked(and all water vaporized) by alien conquers with only a fraction of its population surviving. Using technology from another alien race that has promised a device that can restore the planet, the experimental battleship Yamato most travel across the universe before time runs out.

Sleepy Princess in the Demon castle
Demons have abducted the princess! It’s too bad for them she’s an absolute monster who will torture, sweet talk and bribe anyone she can to track down what she needs for a good nights sleep. Really fun and funny show but boy is she brutal.

Oh and not a new addition but the spinoff I didn’t know existed go added so here’s a fun Shonen suggestion
Assassination Classroom
Class E, the misfits class have been exiled to the remote backwoods school building, only to discover they’ve been involved in a government program where a monster that has claimed to have destroyed part of the moon has agreed to teach them all… how to assassinate Him! Surprising amount of feels in the second half of this one and some fun twists and turns

(The spinoff is a gag SD ish show that’s jrpg fantasy themed)
Appreciate this post, Crunchyroll has been bad at promoting when they add new shows lately.

I finished Lycoris Recoil tonight. It was a lot of fun and it ended well! Really enjoyed the characters and action the most. Hope we’ll see more of it in the future! I definitely recommend it overall!

Saw the back half of RWBY Ice Queendom tonight. That was mostly bad :( The first three episodes were fun, but once the actual show started in episode 4 it fell off a cliff. The dream world was very goofy, but rarely ever in a great way the one exception were when the child Weiss sort of turned into Attack on Titan titans (some of the shots were clearly evoking AOT)and the story felt very one note with a lot of repetition. The animation definitely struggled at times, but when it was cool it was awesome. I just don’t think the show was worth putting up with for those few cool sequences. It too often regularly alternated between boring and just bad. I still want to check out RWBY after this because this was so poor I just felt I was robbed lol. So in a very backwards way I guess this was a success?

I’m caught up on Love Live Superstar (just waiting on those last two episodes), so with this done I’m ready for the Fall Season!

Upcoming season of anime is wild especially if you're into shonen, sheesh. First time in a while I'm watching over 5 shows.

Finished Summertime Render from previous (previous) season and it has easily been one of the best shows I've seen!

Stellar animation quality, intriguing story, great characters, really good openings and endings AND it being a full adaptation of the OG work.

Like what's there not to like (except..yknow the usual occasional fanservice.. sigh)
But really this anime gave me a feeling like I was reading a good (thriller/mystery) book and that doesnt happen often!
It's been very much slept on (due to officially being on Disney+) so i really hope it's popularity gets bigger in the long run.

The new anime season seems really stacked too, looking forward to it!

I finally was able to catch up the last 5 chapters on Dragon Quest The Adventure of Dai as the last part was one of the best in the manga and hasn't dissapointed (especiall for the character development of Popp). I honestly never thought we were going to have the full manga animated after the 90s series finished in a weird spot for they story, and because the manga had some really bad pacing in the middle, but here we are almost to 100 ep. Also this just started to air on mexican tv as the 90s series was a big deal here

OH BOY, what a day with the premiere of the 1st chapter of Gundam Witch of Mercury, a lot of people happy , but a lot of people angry with the "How dare they make gundam a school romance series"

OH BOY, what a day with the premiere of the 1st chapter of Gundam Witch of Mercury, a lot of people happy , but a lot of people angry with the "How dare they make gundam a school romance series"
It was great. Wasn’t expecting the first arc to be the second coming of Utena tho. Suletta is a lovable ditz. Tho the LN that was released implied well and this being a Gundam and all means things are likely to break out into full out early by the end of the season

It was great. Wasn’t expecting the first arc to be the second coming of Utena tho. Suletta is a lovable ditz. Tho the LN that was released implied well and this being a Gundam and all means things are likely to break out into full out early by the end of the season
Oh yes, I know whats expected and they did a great job in the first chapter, its just funny to see the
"watched prologue" -> "wacthed first chapter meme" even from japan

67EkGge.png

Also kinda bummed Gundaminfo is not showing it in their channel, had to ask a friend for thei CR account.

Started some Fall anime tonight. Pop Team Epic’s return was glorious picking up right at the end of the April Fool’s day special was incredible. Then having two songs and Chocobos! Can’t wait for more! I also watched the prologue and first episode for Gundam. Two very different vibes and I loved both! I grew up with Wing and Seed on Toonami and loved both, but sadly never finished Seed (I plan to one day, I picked up the Blu Rays recently). I only ever saw the first episode of Iron Blooded Orphans, so Mercury will be the first Gundam I watch as it airs which I’m now very excited for!

Started some Fall anime tonight. Pop Team Epic’s return was glorious picking up right at the end of the April Fool’s day special was incredible. Then having two songs and Chocobos! Can’t wait for more! I also watched the prologue and first episode for Gundam. Two very different vibes and I loved both! I grew up with Wing and Seed on Toonami and loved both, but sadly never finished Seed (I plan to one day, I picked up the Blu Rays recently). I only ever saw the first episode of Iron Blooded Orphans, so Mercury will be the first Gundam I watch as it airs which I’m now very excited for!
Have you tried “I’m the villainess so I’m taming the final boss” yet? It’s great

Back
Top Bottom