• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic amiibo |ST|

I got an email saying the Sora amiibo is being prepped for dispatch. Thought this was coming a lot later.

Oh boy, this is a big one for amiibo speculation.

RFqAaGY.png

In Character IDs Noah (2243) and Mio (2244) come right after Mythra (2242); no gap in the group of Xenoblade characters. They also both have the default Variant value (00), not that anyone would've expected otherwise. No surprises so far, but that immediately changes.

Line ID is 1B; which indicates a missing Line ID following the previous newest one (for Yu-Gi-Oh, 19), being 1A. In conjuction with the absent figure Product Code series between Monster Hunter Rise (AX--), and Xenoblade (AZ--), AY--, we can confirm an unannounced amiibo figure series. This would be from a game series that has not previously recieved an amiibo. As reference, here is the current list of both Line IDs and Product Codes (ignore the earlier gaps; those are another story we've discussed before):

Finally, Print IDs are 043D and 043E respectively, a MASSIVE gap following the Deep Cut amiibo. In conjuction with the unknown series explained above, there are definitely plenty of amiibo lining up for 2024-2025. Even filling in every known amiibo currently announced or leaked, we would not be able to fill all 13 current gaps (though it remains uncertain if 0416 and 0417 will ever be filled):
  • Sora amiibo (releasing in a few weeks, getting his Print ID will help a lot for further speculation).
  • Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong Power-Up Bands (probably the last two amiibo that could realistically fill 0416 and 0417, due to just how long they've been in the works for; releasing in a few months when Donkey Kong Country opens at Universal Japan).
  • Two unknown Splatoon 3 amiibo (datamined from Splatoon 3 itself; almost certainly Side Order characters; should probably be announced in the next Direct when Side Order gets a release date).
  • Toadette and Rosalina Power-Up Bands (datamined from the Universal Studios apps; don't seem to be releasing with Japan's Donkey Kong Country opening so should be a bit further out; maybe for Orlando's Super Nintendo World opening next year).
That's only 7, leaving up to 6 entirely unknown amiibo (should the Power-Up Bands fill the earliest available gaps), at least one of which being a figure from a series that currently has no amiibo.

Follow-up now that the Sora amiibo is out there:

yrenegx.png

Character ID was exactly as expected (starting the next publisher batch after Mojang, for Disney), but I wasn't expecting it to take the Print ID immediately after the pre-2023 amiibo. I guess there's (likely) another one-off amiibo hidden in that gap between Sora and the Golden Power-Up Band; no way to guess what it could specifically be for now though.

Sora's amiibo came today! it looks really good!

and with that, after 10 years, the Smash line of amiibo is complete!

Quoted by: Tye
Yeah, if Amiibos are still going to be a thing going into the next generation, I'm going to have to rethink my shelf situation. I'm already at max capacity.
With all the amiibo print ID gaps right now (as visualized in @MondoMega’s spreadsheet a few posts above), I think it’s safe to say that we’re very likely due for more amiibo on the new system. Plus backwards compatibility would kind of necessitate it, anyway. So I don’t think there should be any doubt of amiibo persisting into the next generation.

But yeah, I feel you on the ordeal of how to find space to display them all, lol. My partner and I have been using two DETOLF display shelves from IKEA and we’ve long since ran out of room in those (right now we just cram everything in there however they’ll fit, and it does not look good at all, lol), but I also don’t want to just get a third (or fourth, lol) DETOLF ’cause I’d rather find a more space-efficient solution.

Currently, I’ve been eyeing this wall-mountable model train display case from Carney Plastics since it seems to be perfect for amiibo from what I’ve seen of someone else’s collection, but we’d need at least five of these to fit all currently released amiibo plus any future amiibo for at least a few years to come (each one can hold roughly 60 amiibo, depending on size and spacing, so that’s room for around 300 amiibo total—though we’d have to get one of them custom ordered to remove a couple shelves to make room for Super Mario Cereal, Mega Yarn Yoshi, and Detective Pikachu, so in reality it’d be closer to ~260 amiibo), which is gonna be pricey, so we haven’t gone through with it yet, lol. But it would work out much better than any other display solution I’ve come across so far, in terms of both the amount of space it’ll save and how nice it’ll look.

Come on Best Buy. Ship it!

Yeah, if Amiibos are still going to be a thing going into the next generation, I'm going to have to rethink my shelf situation. I'm already at max capacity.
GGZmlw3WcAA74Iu

yeah this is what i'm looking like at the moment. the Smash line was the only one I was really committed to getting. the rest of it i can take or leave. I didn't even get the Deep Cut ones (but I did get Noah, Mio, and TOTK Zelda and Ganondorf). The only one i don't have which I'd like to get is the Pikmin one that came out with Hey Pikmin, i think. the rest I think i'm cool with not getting.

GGZmlw3WcAA74Iu

yeah this is what i'm looking like at the moment. the Smash line was the only one I was really committed to getting. the rest of it i can take or leave. I didn't even get the Deep Cut ones (but I did get Noah, Mio, and TOTK Zelda and Ganondorf). The only one i don't have which I'd like to get is the Pikmin one that came out with Hey Pikmin, i think. the rest I think i'm cool with not getting.
Wish I could do that but I have three cats so I'm considering a custom made plexiglass display

Everyone and their amiibo are here!*

*except Alph and the Koopalings and the DQIII, DQIV, and DQVIII Heroes and Zombie and Enderman and female Villager and male Wii Fit Trainer and female Robin and Inkling Boy and female Byleth and SSBU versions of Link, Fox, Sheik, Zelda, Falco, Ganondorf, Ike, and the Mii Fighters and…

Plus the R.O.B. (Famicom Colors) and Mega Man - Gold Edition amiibo are missing from the image, too (though I can understand why they’d exclude those two).

Sora—amiibo #851—is here!

GGfff2iagAAYQxD

This doesn’t mark the end at all—it marks the beginning of an exciting new and unknown era for amiibo! Who knows how long it’ll be before we get more Smash Bros. amiibo, but we’ll surely see plenty of non-Smash amiibo released in the mean time! Which is honestly kind of more exciting, anyway, since those are far less predictable than Smash amiibo! What new amiibo could Nintendo have in store for us?! I’m very excited to find out, and I really hope most people aren’t going to just lose all interest in amiibo now that the Smash line is finished (for now).

Not sure if this has been posted here, but Nintendo's American online store restocked a ton of amiibos. Pearl and Marina, Splatoon 3 squid kids, Mega Man,
fighter pass 1 characters, and even the Hey Pikmin amiibo are available. I know the Pikmin amiibo was really expensive for awhile, but it's available again!

Today is also the release of the Golden Power-Up Band at Super Nintendo World in California, for anyone who wants it but missed out on getting it from Japan last year!

Not sure if this has been posted here, but Nintendo's American online store restocked a ton of amiibos. Pearl and Marina, Splatoon 3 squid kids, Mega Man,
fighter pass 1 characters, and even the Hey Pikmin amiibo are available. I know the Pikmin amiibo was really expensive for awhile, but it's available again!
Aw, Pikmin is sold out already, I hope you got one before that @Christo750! Wish I had an extra to send you if not!

It's the Qbby amiibo I'm most wanting to come back in stock somewhere one day...why did I never buy it on eBay for 35 bucks when it was easier to find?

Anyway - thank you for the tip carbvan! Lots of good picks on there.

Aw, Pikmin is sold out already, I hope you got one before that @Christo750! Wish I had an extra to send you if not!

It's the Qbby amiibo I'm most wanting to come back in stock somewhere one day...why did I never buy it on eBay for 35 bucks when it was easier to find?

Anyway - thank you for the tip carbvan! Lots of good picks on there.
I tried to! I couldn’t remember my login on my phone. Would’ve been cool but I think I can import it for less than eBay prices. “Think” is the keyword lol we’ll see

I tried to! I couldn’t remember my login on my phone. Would’ve been cool but I think I can import it for less than eBay prices. “Think” is the keyword lol we’ll see
Fingers crossed! The import is just as good! 😃

Now that the Season 7 / Side Order patch is out and has been dug through by dataminers, it appears that the two upcoming Splatoon amiibo will be (potential spoilers for Side Order; you'll be good to click if you've been through the tutorial):

Pearl and Marina, in their Splatoon 3 outfits. First idols to double up on amiibo, beating even the Squid Sisters to that status. In retrospect given the pre-release marketing worked overtime to try and hide Marina's actual role, it's understandable why these haven't been revealed yet (much like how they waited on the TotK Zelda and Ganondorf amiibo to avoid leaking their designs before they were officially shown).

EDIT: More evidence.

Last edited:
Now that the Season 7 / Side Order patch is out and there’s more data for them we can confirm the two new Splatoon amiibo will be (potential spoilers for Side Order):

Pearl and Marina’s new designs. First idols to double up on amiibo, beating even the Squid Sisters to that.
Shit, I need to hurry up and get around to playing through Side Order so I can read this without being spoiled, lol.

Now that the Season 7 / Side Order patch is out and has been dug through by dataminers, it appears that the two upcoming Splatoon amiibo will be (potential spoilers for Side Order; you'll be good to click if you've been through the tutorial):

Pearl and Marina, in their Splatoon 3 outfits. First idols to double up on amiibo, beating even the Squid Sisters to that status. In retrospect given the pre-release marketing worked overtime to try and hide Marina's actual role, it's understandable why these haven't been revealed yet (much like how they waited on the TotK Zelda and Ganondorf amiibo to avoid leaking their designs before they were officially shown).

EDIT: More evidence.
Okay, finally coming back to this after beating Side Order. But, uh, is this really even a spoiler at all? They had already shown Pearl and Marina’s new outfits long before Side Order on the Damp Socks album art and in other promotional media.

Okay, finally coming back to this after beating Side Order. But, uh, is this really even a spoiler at all? They had already shown Pearl and Marina’s new outfits long before Side Order on the Damp Socks album art and in other promotional media.

I would say so; they did a good job of hiding Marina’s role in Side Order in the pre-release marketing, I know a lot of people were expecting her to be the final boss rather than tutorial boss; so under that assumption it’d be strange to give her an amiibo over, say, Acht. In general it’s just good to play it safe with stuff someone can consider a spoiler anyhow; someone somewhere is going to see anything not directly highlighted in marketing as a spoiler.

Quoted by: Tye
can't wait for them to announce Metroid Prime 4, so we can get at least 1 additional GREAT amiibo, right?

I WILL get my Sylux Amiibo.
It will be oversized like the Detective Pikachu one.
It will glow in the dark.
When you feel sad, it will get in bed with you to comfort you as you sleep.
And it will be FREE.

I would say so; they did a good job of hiding Marina’s role in Side Order in the pre-release marketing, I know a lot of people were expecting her to be the final boss rather than tutorial boss; so under that assumption it’d be strange to give her an amiibo over, say, Acht. In general it’s just good to play it safe with stuff someone can consider a spoiler anyhow; someone somewhere is going to see anything not directly highlighted in marketing as a spoiler.
I dunno, I personally wouldn’t have considered it a spoiler at all and I’m a fairly spoiler-sensitive person. I mean, Marina getting an amiibo with her known Splatoon 3 design doesn’t really imply anything about her role in Side Order. It’s not like there’d be any reason to believe that her amiibo would be particularly relevant to the plot beyond her being present in some way (which was already expected and known), since Splatoon amiibo never have any function specific to the story modes (well, besides the extra challenges that can be unlocked in the first game, but even those have absolutely no relevance to the plot). Plus, regardless of her role in the story, I think everyone assumed she’d be saved or whatever by the end (it’s not like they were gonna kill her off, after all, lol), so there was never any reason to believe we wouldn’t eventually see her in her new outfit in Side Order in one way or another. And, again, even if we didn’t, we’ve already seen her new outfit used in the base game.

Plus, like, if that’s a spoiler, then do we just not talk about these amiibo outside spoiler tags at all? When does it stop being a spoiler—when the amiibo are officially announced? And on that line of thought, should we be expected to spoiler tag any discussion of datamined amiibo at all even if they’re not plot related, just because some people might consider that a spoiler (just as people don’t want other official announcements from Directs and such spoiled, though I feel there’s a very big difference between a new game reveal and an amiibo reveal for a known game)?

And honestly, I feel like treating it as a spoiler is more likely to be misleading than anything else. Like, after seeing your post, I went into the game expecting to see some new character or something along those lines that hadn’t been shown before…but that wasn’t really the case (outside of the real final boss, I guess, but I would have never assumed we’d get an amiibo of that, anyway, lol). Like, I do appreciate the caution, especially ’cause I feel often times people can be way too loose with spoilers from datamines and such, but I really don’t think that this particular example should be considered a spoiler, and I feel treating it as such only raises more suspicion from people than is necessary and can lead to disappointment.

Last edited:
Just saw this post on the Metroid subreddit! Had no idea they were reprinting the Samus Returns amiibo. Good news for folks who missed out. Looks like it might just be EU for now. Wondering if NA will see a reissue of the double pack.

Squishy Metroid came back!!???

Samus Returns Samus has been at Artswift since last year, but the Squishy!!! I can't believe it. The reddit saying it's EU Nintendo Store and obviously sold out. Pain.

Back
Top Bottom