• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News All Picross S games are getting patched with touchscreen and 4 player co-op support

mazi

picross pundit
Picross S8 is coming to the Switch on September 29th, but in a move that might shock followers of this addictive puzzler series, it will bring along with it an update to all of developer Jupiter's other Picross games, bringing both 'touch panel operation' and '4-player simultaneous play' to the series.

good stuff.

edit:

Last edited:
With my other post... im even more confused by the model.
I mean, its probably the better model, even if its not complyant with my buying habits...

i mean, always good for such features to be updated.

jupiter has been really good with going back and adding all the QoL features in the newer entries to the past games. i was expecting touch controls to be patched into the whole series after S7 but i guess it took a bit longer.

you know why they’re called Jupiter

because the solar system has never seen a W this big

SLNlDuS.gif

Jupiter is the best. They’ve found their niche and they just keep on putting out quality product year in and year out and making their play experience even better. That’s why there’s so many Jupiter stans here. You never have to wait to see if one of their games is going to be good or not.

Guess I finally need to get a capacitive stylus. Touch screen is the way to go and I’ve only really played through the first couple despite buying them all (have to get through the 3DS games first).

for what it's worth, i tried touch controls with a stylus in 7 and it wasn't it. touch controls are good for small puzzles but anything big is much comfier with buttons.

I'm pretty into weird local multiplayer games but I wonder if 4-player Picross would be all that compelling outside people trying to just zen together, lol. Would be sort of interesting if there was a competitive aspect like I think Picross DS had?

I'm not a fan of touch controls for Picross, but happy to see the option being included for those who have wanted it.
Yea I wasn't a fan of it on the Zelda themed one for 3DS. I can move through things faster with d-pad + face buttons, plus the nostalgia factor from the Game Boy original.

Jupiter is the best. They’ve found their niche and they just keep on putting out quality product year in and year out and making their play experience even better. That’s why there’s so many Jupiter stans here. You never have to wait to see if one of their games is going to be good or not.
"Finding their niche" is a funny way of putting it. Picross has been their bread & butter since 1995 on the Game Boy 😄

Four player co-op sounds like absolute madness and I'm not sure in a good way...? I mean, not complaining that it's coming. If only I knew 3 people locally who'd want to try it with me.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaht?
Touch screen for all Picross main games?
That was my most requested feature since the series came to Switch. Why the f did it take so long????

Actually, has anybody multiplayer experience? i cant think of a situation where that would work and be fun...

Holy quality of life update, Batman !
Just for the touchscreen alone I’m very glad !

Also, patching the whole S games is a blessing ^^

For the Clip Picross unlocks in the later games and presumably the latest updates, how does it work for Mega Picross? Does it now require that you clear both Picross and Mega Picross to unlock them all, you can only clear either one to 100% to unlock them all, or is it shared between them to unlock them all (so you don't have to beat all Picross and Mega Picross, only say, 150 puzzles between them)?

Thank you for reading.

For the Clip Picross unlocks in the later games and presumably the latest updates, how does it work for Mega Picross? Does it now require that you clear both Picross and Mega Picross to unlock them all, you can only clear either one to 100% to unlock them all, or is it shared between them to unlock them all (so you don't have to beat all Picross and Mega Picross, only say, 150 puzzles between them)?

Thank you for reading.
beating either the normal mode or the mega mode fully unlocks all clip picross puzzles. i'm not sure how it would work if you do both modes simultaneously tho, i always finish one mode and move on to the next.

Yet another thing I want to finish on the Switch that I haven't gotten back to - like, the last two or three instalments or something. Hoping I can get some more gaming in during my paternity leave, I am itching for some Picross action tbh.

Back
Top Bottom