• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Alex Jones fined $42.5 million in punitive damages in defamation case [per CNN]

merp

Darknut
Pronouns
He/him
This is genuinely great news.

One day after its defendant was be hit with $4.1 million in compensatory damages—and not long after it provided one of the all-time great videos of online schadenfreude in the process—the trial of Neil Heslin and Scarlett Lewis versus InfoWars host Alex Jones has now dropped a much bigger bombshell: A sentence of $42.5 million in punitive damages levied against Jones.

This is per CNN, which reports that plaintiff attorney Wesley Todd Bail didn’t mince words when addressing the jury before the sentencing, asking them to “send a very very simple message, and that is, stop Alex Jones. Stop the monetization of misinformation and lies. Please.”

I agree with this comment here though:

unknown.png

Still, I think that we'll have to take what we can get. Hopefully more people will follow suit with this kinda thing and maybe more will come to Alex Jones' way. Well, we can hope for now.

Thoughts?

still too low. This rich pos should rot in prison.

Imagine how much better the world would be if he had just stuck with the Bohemian Grove/rich elites are killing us all stuff and drew the correct conclusions from there.

Hopefully he’s penniless until the day he croaks.

Let's not forget - this is case one of three. Let alone the stuff that's now public thanks to his lawyer sending his text history of two years to the plaintiff's lawyer. His ex-wife already subpoenaed it, for starters.

I hope this ruling is the start of an avalanche.

It really should be more but, with his ties to January 6th and Trump's circle, I pray that there's hell to come for this asshole. Fuck him for what he put these parents to after they lost their kids

The first of many such judgements hopefully. The man's a danger and needs to be utterly ruined.

Man, defense would have put on a better case if they just didn`t show up and show true colors...

There are ways to minimize punitive damages showing remorse etc,
Infowars did about the opposite of everything you should do... "Alex jones is the victim here.... , What Alex Jones suffered is more than the parents" etc

I remember listening to this NPR special with a very kind-hearted sandy hook parent who decided to talk with the people attacking him. https://www.thisamericanlife.org/670/beware-the-jabberwock
The Sandy Hook PARENT did a better job of defending Alex Jones , than infowars did in this trial

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom