• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Rumour Alanah Pearce - Nintendo Direct date is June 29th (corroborated by NateDrake)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why the hell didn’t you guys tell me he yeah-d your posts lol
Hahaha I was really close to DM'ing you but didn't want to set off any false alarms potentially. Now that it seems more likely, I figured it was worth mentioning. So excited.

nate-nathan.gif

If she thought it got announced now, then its probably getting announced in the next 48 hours.

Nintendo can't be trusted on dates without the guidance of E3 lmao

Kind of a weird post to be honest. When Nintendo was part of E3, they of course had to host their presentations in and around E3. But since there is no E3 this year, they have more control of when they show their stuff on their terms. Like I think some of you are confused about how the real world works. Nintendo isn't confused on when they want to show their stuff and they are not holding back just to make some nerds online suffer. The date and what they show are planned long in advance.

POV: You're Nate, logging onto Famiboards and checking out the GoNintendo/Alanah Pearce thread

Expected it to be the day before but she’s probably right about this.

Game release week rule strikes again!

Alanah re-checking her calendar to confirm the date on stream really makes this feel credible.

Well, my calendar’s pretty open that day. Works for me!

goes back to playing

Actually, the fact that it's on the same day as the shareholders meeting is really sus.

There's no reason why it can't happen the same day. Let's wait for clarification from Alanah or Nate.

It’s not the same kind of investors meeting as the others.

Also, June 29 there is for Japan which is 28 in America. The direct would be later in Japan

Nintendo Direct is on the 30th in Japan.
Shareholders meeting is on the 29th.
In other words, it is not the same day.
Ok, then I’m still super Doubtful, they won’t announce a direct directly before the investors meeting, that would cause utter chaos and inane questions. Same reason the actual direct would be before hand

Ok, then I’m still super Doubtful, they won’t announce a direct directly before the investors meeting, that would cause utter chaos and inane questions. Same reason the actual direct would be before hand
Why would it cause chaos?

They’ve had them right after investor meetings before, no reason they can’t do it again. It’s certainly weird.

Shareholders meetings are not that important and there are always a lot of chaos and silly questions whether there is a Nintendo Direct or not.

My analytical brain is going crazy, of why this is happening at the end of June.

They want to have their own spotlight.

They will completely reveal BOTW2.

And then announce new hardware at the same time. That is why all the rumors about a late 2022 release are being brought up. At least, that is my theory.

Knew I should've listened to the "it's later than usual" info at the start of the month; I thought they wouldn't go any later than the 23rd but I guess maybe they will. Curse you suspicious June 15th embargos!

Also people really need to learn a thing or two about timezones. A June 29th Direct for Allanah would be on June 30th in Japan, so after the shareholder meeting. Wouldn't even be the first time a Direct was held the day after an event like that.

unknown.png
unknown.png

Shrug what happens happens
My analytical brain is going crazy, of why this is happening at the end of June.

They want to have their own spotlight.

They will completely reveal BOTW2.

And then announce new hardware at the same time. That is why all the rumors about a late 2022 release are being brought up. At least, that is my theory.
Doubtful on new hardware with how messed up the supply chain is outside of themed stuff

Hey guys they mixed things up. That’s the day of the investors meeting. A direct isn’t happening the day of an investors meeting and that’s likely what the reporter was talking about. https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/stock/meeting/
Hm, maybe, but even setting aside time zone confusion, she's no longer a reporter and stated that this information isn't coming from Nintendo (and that she was sharing something that hasn't been announced). Meaning, if she is wrong about this, it's because someone else made the mistake of assuming the investors meeting is the Direct and then relayed that misconception to her.

Nate would deny the date if it wasn't true. We can lock it in as our next target date.

October 30, 2018 financial drop

Smash Direct the following day

That's very different to announcing new game/console announcements and release dates which is actually the only thing investors care about. As a result, most companies basically never announce new products immediately after they have their shareholder meeting.

This shareholder meeting is not the usual quarterly financial report which is probably why they don't care about them being in the same week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom