• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion Alan Wake: Remastered - Who else is excited for this?

Kevin

Chain Chomp
alan-wake-remastered-logo-580x334.jpg

Alan Wake is being remastered for the Xbox One and Series consoles, PS4, PS5, PC and most likely the Nintendo Switch (leaked from Brazil rating listing). The game will feature 4K visuals, improved textures, both DLC expansions and a new commentator track from Sam Lake. The game released both oh physical and digital October 5th for just $29.99.

Alan Wake is one of my all-time favorite games. One of the best gaming stories I have yet to experience. For those interested, here is a trailer of the remaster:

Graphics comparison trailer:

You can also find a ton of details regarding what you can expect from the remaster on the official Alan Wake website here:

The comparison shots between the new version and the original version show a pretty big upgrade in texture quality and denser world details and objects. Character models also look a lot nicer.

For those who have yet to experience what I deem to be a masterpiece in storytelling, I always loved the pacific northwest setting of Bright Falls and the creepy atmosphere. Even after 11 years this game oozes atmosphere.

It's clear that Remedy wants to make a sequel and I imagine it hinges on how well this remaster performs in sales.

Who else is excited to revisit the world of Alan Wake? Are you a returning fan or someone experiencing the story for the first time?

I am eager to replay the game as it's been so long since I've turned on my 360 (plus I never did play American Nightmare), but this nonsense of delaying a Switch version of the game is absolutely tiring. I really hope this Switch version of the game comes out before long so we're not kept waiting

Definitely one of the bigger reveals of the year for me, though i feel the question of "Is this intentionally leading to Alan Wake 2?" is more of a when than an if. Considering Remedy has a two game deal with Epic (This being the smaller project.) and Control directly involving Alan in the plot of the second DLC.

Me! So very much! I thought I was gonna be the only one on this board :D

I am eager to replay the game as it's been so long since I've turned on my 360 (plus I never did play American Nightmare), but this nonsense of delaying a Switch version of the game is absolutely tiring. I really hope this Switch version of the game comes out before long so we're not kept waiting
Also yes, this. I was really banking on that recent age rating for a Switch version meaning it'd just get announced in the Direct but alas ...maybe another random release next year then. I'll buy it for a ...fifth? time.

Heard good things about it. I would be down for an OLED version.

I tried it a couple of times over the years on Steam but it never click. I think I made it to chapter 3?

If it comes to Game Pass I will probably give it one more chance

I probably will at some point. I did play the original game on 360 all those years ago and loved it. I hope the rumors of a sequel are true at least and hope the remaster does well

I will get it for my Series S, but not at launch. But likely I will at the first small discount it get lol

I hope finish Control by then.

Back
Top Bottom