• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Action Button |ST| BINGO!

So I was thinking about Action Button again recently, and how long it’s been since the last review. So I had a computer crunch some numbers.

IMG-0838.jpg

Wow! Five hundred and Seventy Days since the Boku no Natsuyasumi review. That’s a lot! I wonder how much longer we’re gonna be waiting for that L.A. Noire video.

Sorry for the bump with no news!
You've got to stop doing this to my poor little heart.

I know the video is gonna be great and will have an interesting angle but I truly do not care at all about L.A. Noire lol. I played four or five hours last year and enjoyed almost none of it. my hope with the long production time and regular promises of “working on multiple videos at once” is that the rest of the season will follow at a pretty regular pace once the next one is out. but of course that was the intention started with the Boku No Natsuyasumi video—the season two finale was supposed to be out in December ‘23!—so really who can say.

I know the video is gonna be great and will have an interesting angle but I truly do not care at all about L.A. Noire lol. I played four or five hours last year and enjoyed almost none of it. my hope with the long production time and regular promises of “working on multiple videos at once” is that the rest of the season will follow at a pretty regular pace once the next one is out. but of course that was the intention started with the Boku No Natsuyasumi video—the season two finale was supposed to be out in December ‘23!—so really who can say.
I’m with you. I actively dislike L.A. Noire, so it’s hard to be excited for a long ass (and long coming) video about a game I don’t care about.

The Earthbound video is gonna rule though, I bet!

LA Noire is kind of a bad game in retrospect, but Tim Rogers is gold forever. Looking forward to the video!

Cole says "You're being economical with the truth" a couple of times and that's pretty good. Everything else about him sucks ass!

I told myself "ain't no way the Boku No Natsuyasumi video was in 2022" and was sure it came out last year and then I checked out the date and I'm like fuck you.

I'm going to be in my mid 40s by the time Tim reviews Mario 3.

I think LA Noire is okay at best and kinda bad at worst but it's a game I could listen to someone talk about like it's a masterpiece. No individual part of it really works well imo; the deduction system feels like trial-and-error, the shooting mechanics are below par even for its time, the driving physics are really bad, and the story has interesting ideas but doesn't really go anywhere. But I respect its ambition. The fact that it tries to do so many different things and they all come together in a way that's interesting makes it more than the sum of its parts for me, even if not significantly so.

By the way, if anyone wants new Tim Rogers-esque content, here's a review of Berwick Saga that takes inspiration from him, that he may or may not cameo in.

The only MAD MAN I see is anyone who LIKES L.A. Noire!
You'd have to be mad not to love LA Noire's empty open world environment, run-of-the-mill combat, and unhinged interrogation sequences!

I love this stupid messy game and I will die on this hill!

Back
Top Bottom