• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Rumour According to Nintendo Prime, f zero gx remaster is being developed by next level games

Status
Not open for further replies.
considering the multiple rumors by insiders such as nate and syluxhunter i'm inclined to believe that this is happening in some form at least

Last edited:
I’m all for Fzero but I really want that stuido to work fulltime on Luigis Mansion 4. My kid and wife constantly ask me if there is news about a new one and it’s long overdue. LM3 is brilliant.

Hahaha, god, that would be an almost federation force tier mistake of pairing.

NLGs biggest successes are slow, small level based design where character animation down to the minutiae can really be shown off.

Why the heck anyone would want them put on a series about speeding through vast environments while only seeing the cold emotionless spaceships is beyond me.

Edit: And next level games didn't even do the Luigi's mansion 3DS remaster, I very very much doubt they've been put on a remaster of something so far out of their wheelhouse. Especially when Mario strikers update schedule only finished in December, meaning this would have had to have leaked within months of the project starting.

Doubtful at best.

Nintendo Prime? The guy who spouted off that most people who vote democrat are dependent on wellfare and popping out kids like crazy to keep the checks coming? Why is he tolerated here again?
Is it seriously the same guy? I had to do a double take lol.

Why not? I don't understad why everyone is skeptical with this.

There are two main reasons. First, because F zero is so far out of the typical game that NLG would work on that it's almost an absurd suggestion that they of all teams would be either interested in the franchise or chosen for it.

The second is that they also haven't done (at least, not been credited for) remastering work on any title in the history of the studio. Even when Luigi's mansion was getting remade, the game was given to Grezzo to take care of and not NLG, despite the series practically belonging to them at that point. They also have a whole bunch of staff that would have nothing to do if the studio took up remasters for some reason, because they're a studio aimed at making new games, not doing old ones.

And also, they only just wrapped up work on Mario strikers with the last content update releasing in December. They've probably gone right on to working on Luigi's mansion 4 in all realistic predictions.

Besides that, Nintendo has several studios on speed dial for remaking old titles, Grezzo, Tantalus, Eighting, any of which would have been a more sensible choice if you wanted to make up a rumour about an old game being remade.

Last edited:
There are two main reasons. First, because F zero is so far out of the typical game that NLG would work on that it's almost an absurd suggestion.

The second is that they also haven't done (at least, not been credited for) remastering work on any title in the history of the studio. Even when Luigi's mansion was getting remade, the game was given to Grezzo to take care of and not NLG, despite the series practically belonging to them at that point.
Well, i think that it could work like when mercurysteam made a metroid 2 remake.

I'm actually surprised at how negative people are at the pairing in the sense that this would pretty much be the only way that something like F-Zero GX would get a Metroid Prime level remaster

That being said the ... arguments against NLG doing are pretty convincing, to say the least. Both in terms of if they would and if they should.

Well, i think that it could work like when mercurysteam made a metroid 2 remake.

You are aware that mercury steam spent the previous several years working castlevanias before that, right? That's literally what the studio had spent most of a decade doing by the time Nintendo signed them in to make a Metroid half of the metroidvania sauce. That's all they've done since 2007 at this point.

Next level games have never made anything even remotely like a fast paced futuristic racer, in any sense.

And a remake and remaster are completely different tasks.

I don't think it's impossible that NLG pitched working on F-Zero after being acquired

but also Nintendo Prime has not credibly leaked anything from Nintendo like this to my knowledge

he (the user not the content) was also banned from here for some yikes political takes...

Last edited:
Weird to discredit this. NLG is a Swiss Army knife. The point is they’re capable of working on different style of games. Now if they’re doing it or not idk, but it’s definitely in the realm of possibility

I mean, it's literally possible, but so is basically any developer who does not have a currently announced game.

Weird to discredit this. NLG is a Swiss Army knife. The point is they’re capable of working on different style of games. Now if they’re doing it or not idk, but it’s definitely in the realm of possibility

In what sense? All they've ever made for Nintendo is small restricted environment based games, and what they do really well is things where they can make character animation shine, which is one reason why federation force, a game about a bunch of robotic mechs, ended up being a terrible match for them.

I very much doubt they make practically the same mistake a second time, by tying them to a bunch of emotionless machines where their talent can't show at all.

Based off the source alone. I don’t see a reason to read into any of this.

could happen yeah. But source isn’t credible enough for me to even entertain it.

Next Level also never made a cartoon horror adventure before Luigi's Mansion 2, and never made an arcade boxing game before Punch-Out!!. If you look at their resume (especially including games not published by Nintendo), they have a really diverse line-up. So "Next Level is developing F-Zero" is not so out there, unlike, say, "Intelligent Systems is developing F-Zero".

The fact this F-Zero game would be a remake is a bigger red flag.

Plus, the guy doesn't seem very trustworthy. Does he have a good track record?

In what sense? All they've ever made for Nintendo is small restricted environment based games, and what they do really well is things where they can make character animation shine, which is one reason why federation force, a game about a bunch of robotic mechs, ended up being a terrible match for them.

I very much doubt they make practically the same mistake a second time, by tying them to a bunch of emotionless machines where their talent can't show at all.
I think I've made my position clear, but to play devil's advocate NLG's second strength is probably technical proficiency. If for whatever reason they want to make it look really good, like a remake, NLG might have been their best option at the time.

From a broader perspective it'd be a baffling choice though, and I accordingly don't believe it.

Guess that the common sense here is not NLG developing the F-Zero GX remaster but the source who is claiming this

The game is always the same. Sylux/Nate said that F-Zero GX it is and suddenly all the YouTube sources know it exists too.

This is unrelated but there was a very credible EPD staff leak a few years ago that was spot on and like 10 people on Earth know about it. That was a real deal.

I used to work with him and he made shit up all the time. Big fan of posting non-credible rumors, treating them as fact, then publicly insulting the rumormongers when it turns out it's wrong. Also an ex gamergater
My condolences for having to put up with such a douchebag.

Next Level also never made a cartoon horror adventure before Luigi's Mansion 2, and never made an arcade boxing game before Punch-Out!!. If you look at their resume (especially including games not published by Nintendo), they have a really diverse line-up. So "Next Level is developing F-Zero" is not so out there, unlike, say, "Intelligent Systems is developing F-Zero".

The fact this F-Zero game would be a remake is a bigger red flag.

Plus, the guy doesn't seem very trustworthy. Does he have a good track record?

While I assume the next project from them is Luigi's mansion 4, I could reasonably believe "Next level games is making Nintendogs" or "Next level games is making a starfox assault style game" or perhaps at stretch even "Next level games is making a kid Icarus game following on from uprising". Those are all things I could buy in to.

It would be extremely weird for them to go from doing what they're good at to doing a remaster of F-Zero GX of all things, especially when Nintendo has good relations with several remaster studios who would be better suited for the task

Last edited:
I believe NLG is strong enough to take on any Nintendo franchise pretty much, but I’ve never heard of Nintendo Prime and they sound lame

I wont stand the NLG slander

Federation Force was really good, a great coop multiplayer that played like a dream, for the short amount of time it was active, i enjoyed it a lot.

They're a very talented studio whose only mistakes under Nintendo's wing was an unfairly mistreated game by a rabid fanbase and a sports game that was very short of content and had very little post-launch support

The mistake of Federation Force was announcing it in the absence of mainline 2D Metroid/Prime and making it for 3DS, not the developer choice

The mistake of Federation Force was announcing it in the absence of mainline 2D Metroid/Prime and making it for 3DS, not the developer choice

Federation force wouldn't have been any less garbage and a complete waste of the talents of NLG had it released now after prime remaster and dread.

Straight one of the worst games Nintendo put out on the 3DS, but that's not NLGs fault.

At least if it was releasing now, at bare minimum you could tie it to the Splatoon i.p. instead and give it a bunch of highly animated characters. That alone would improve it a lot.

Well, the game that came on the card I bought that at least said Federation force on the box sure was.
Same here. I think i should add i wasn't fuming because there hadn't been a Metroid game for a long time and didn't take it on an innocent development studio and a game that was perfectly playable and fun.

But i dunno, that's just me.

Straight one of the worst games Nintendo put out on the 3DS
Jesus Christ

Before this gets locked, yeah I don’t get the mismatch arguments either, I mean there are tons of good ports made by devs that usually don’t make games in that genre. No one expected Iron Galaxy, the Divekick devs, to make some of the most solid Switch ports for example

That being said I would prefer a new game, we haven’t had those in almost 20 years know. GX is a great game that aged very well but it still has difficulty issues with the story mode, the one in GP Legend was much better with the multiple characters. It had overall better single player with the challenge mode as well. I just want a new F-Zero so the series can move forward

I always thought before 2022 that they should do something F-Zero related on the Switch since MK8D wasn't getting any new content and was just selling and selling and selling.

Plus the Switch has the most of us Nintendo fans since ever so they might as well remaster the favorite of the bunch. Hope they don't screw it up if true.

Nintendo Prime? The guy who spouted off that most people who vote democrat are dependent on wellfare and popping out kids like crazy to keep the checks coming? Why is he tolerated here again?
Sweet Jesus. Yeah, I'm not trusting anything Nintendo Prime says.

As far as the weird shitting in NLG in this thread is concerned:
1. There's nothing to suggest that NLG could not handle a GameCube remaster.
2. Metroid fans, for the love of God, Federation Force can't hurt you anymore.

The bile still against Federation Force feels silly. We've had a very good 3DS remake that came out, a new 2D game, a Remaster of Prime. Fed force was fine. An unremarkable game and the wrong one at the time but its fine.

I absolutely get why people wouldn't like some of Next Level Games' titles. Frankly for how premium of a developer they are, it's actually shocking how many of their titles are either divisive (Mario Strikers and Federation Force) or at least fairly divisive within the fanbase (LM2).

That being said, it's also hard to argue that Next Level Games isn't at least above average in terms of efficiency and quality, and also it's a remaster. NLG should be able to do it.

if we get a GX remaster I hope they add the x soundtrack in somehow. there a reason the gx sounds don't leave as much an impression.
(but please not nlg)

Before this gets locked, yeah I don’t get the mismatch arguments either, I mean there are tons of good ports made by devs that usually don’t make games in that genre. No one expected Iron Galaxy, the Divekick devs, to make some of the most solid Switch ports for example

That being said I would prefer a new game, we haven’t had those in almost 20 years know. GX is a great game that aged very well but it still has difficulty issues with the story mode, the one in GP Legend was much better with the multiple characters. It had overall better single player with the challenge mode as well. I just want a new F-Zero so the series can move forward
If this remaster exists I would say it is probably testing ground to see if there is an audience for F-Zero.

Regardless of whether Next Level has particular skills with character animation, I'm confident they could handle redoing some road textures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom