• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Rumour According to job listings, Retro Studios is working on an unannounced title based on established IP

This is almost certainly referring to Metroid Prime 4 as Retro uses mostly generic language in their career pages and copies and pastes the same things over and over again.

This is almost certainly referring to Metroid Prime 4 as Retro uses mostly generic language in their career pages and copies and pastes the same things over and over again.

Maybe, maybe not. Doctre mentions differences in job listings with some explicitly saying Metroid and others that do not.

that's weird, I heard that established IP has an unannounced title being worked on based on Retro Studios job listings

77yi16.jpg

I can’t believe they’re sitting on a game for that long.
The plan probably wasn't for them to sit on it that long tho.
Development ended late 2021. It probably should've been released in 2022, with Prime 4 coming in 2023. I suppose that by early 2022 they realized it wouldn't be ready for 2023, and they wouldn't release the game 2 years before Prime 4 to lose momentum, nor they'd want to replicate the original announcement or TotK by showing a late 2024 game in mid 2022. So they decided to delay the game to 2023, and announce it alongside Prime 4.

So it seems they revived that canceled Zelda game starring Sheik. I always thought it was too good of an idea to just be scrapped like that.

Could just be Prime 4, if you 100% believe that Prime 1 is done. The other next likely thing is that it's Prime 2/3.

Retro's long awaited 3D first person version of SnipperClips.

The tagline could be "cut your face off".

I'll compartmentalise this with the Monolith Soft action game LinkedIn listing as "something that could mean something but doesn't mean anything right now".

There's a bit of a jump in logic connecting all of these seperate listings together. The second very well could be for a truly unannounced game (not just being cagey about Prime 4, another posibility), but that doesn't mean the existing IP listing can't be for Prime 4. It's still in production by all accounts.

I'm glad we can all enjoy making jokes to throw people off the scent when we all know
Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

shinya-takahashi.original.jpg

"Although this is regrettable, we must let you know that the current development progress of Everybody's 1-2 Switch has not reached the standards we seek in a sequel to the 1-2 Switch series. Therefore, we have decided to have the original producer work in trust and collaboration with the studio that developed the original Metroid Prime series, Retro Studios in the United States, and restart development from the beginning."

Metroid Prime is a spinoff though technically :p
Prime is more of a sidestory. Nd we re dealing with games that feel more of the next step for metroid. You go 3d, expanded scope, larger adventures.

They didnt make prime into a dance game. Star prix wouldnt have been prime, it would have been a dance game lol

Very interested in seeing what Retro can bring to the Yakuman franchise!

Back
Top Bottom