• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News A crazy-ass Kingdom Hearts Interview

It was a good read, but it wasn't as crazy as it was made out to be.

Obviously, I was very happy that we were able to have Sora make an appearance in Smash Bros. Ultimate. Most of the feedback when Sora was [announced] for Smash Bros. Ultimate was, ‘I can’t believe Disney okayed for him to be in this game.’ Behind the scenes, I was actually the one being very picky about his appearance in Smash Bros. Disney was the one that was like, ‘Go ahead! This is a great opportunity.’ I thought it would be tough to pull off because it might clash with the established lore in Kingdom Hearts and the Disney worlds, so it was an opportunity I had to consider very carefully. After seeing how happy everybody was in welcoming Sora to Smash Bros., I feel like the end result was really great.

Feel like this really goes against what insiders initially claimed about Sora in Smash and that Disney was the one who said no

People thought Disney asked for Sora in Smash, it was Nomura himself.
No that’s not what Nomura revealed here. He revealed he was the hold up for Sora in Smash Bros because he was concerned about his appearance, Disney was encouraging him to allow Sora to appear.

Sorry. I am in a rush. I am basically covering a bunch of storied rn with an online college gaming website. I figured I would relay them back to you.

Sorry. I am in a rush. I am basically covering a bunch of storied rn with an online college gaming website. I figured I would relay them back to you.
I appreciate you making a thread, but there’s no need to rush to be first or overextend yourself. I read the interview before fully logging into Fami today and it’s a really good interview with info people might be interested in. Just going to recommend you change the thread title at least so people know what they are clicking on.

Back
Top Bottom