• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion A Christmas Story Christmas Trailer | HBO Max - November 17

cire

Backup Catcher
Pronouns
he.him

I know they have had several attempts at a sequel to A Christmas Story but this one is bringing back most of the original cast (i.e. Ralphie, Randy, Flick, Schwartz, Scut). Yes, this movie looks like another 'remember this from the original', but I can't help but be excited. A Christmas Story is, unapologetically, one of my favorite movies because it effortlessly brings me back to when I was a child and reminds me how much I loved Christmas.

Is anyone else a massive fan of A Christmas Story that is happy to see the original cast give a sequel a crack?

I don't love the trailer. The movie looks fine. Inoffensively fine. We'll probably watch it once, and then never again. But we'll still watch the original multiple times every year.

I actually live not super far away from the Christmas Story house in Cleveland. It's a museum now that you can tour. I've never been inside, but every time I'm in that neighborhood I go a little out of my way to drive by the house. It's always so bizarre seeing it in real life.

Guess it's something that never made it to the UK, never heard of it

I don't love the trailer. The movie looks fine. Inoffensively fine. We'll probably watch it once, and then never again. But we'll still watch the original multiple times every year.

I actually live not super far away from the Christmas Story house in Cleveland. It's a museum now that you can tour. I've never been inside, but every time I'm in that neighborhood I go a little out of my way to drive by the house. It's always so bizarre seeing it in real life.
That's about where I stand - I will watch this once but continue to watch the original for years to come.

I actually had a video tour of the house come up in my recommendations this morning and I was really surprised how faithful the house is to the original design. Apparently everything in the boys' bedroom is real, too.

So, the house looks the same today as it did in 1983?

I’m still reeling from that terrible live musical FOX did a few years back.

Maybe I’ll be over it in time to give this a chance!

I used to like this film a lot until Dan Olson ruined it for me.

But I still kinda like it! Will give the new one a watch.

Back
Top Bottom