• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News A Boy and His Blob coming to Switch this fall (UPDATE: out now!)

mazi

picross pundit
A Boy and His Blob first launched for Wii in October 2009, followed by PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PS Vita, and PC, Mac, and Linux via Steam in January 2016, PlayStation 3 in June 2016, Android in September 2017, and iOS in November 2017.

“We are delighted to announce this new Switch version of the game, which is just the start of our long-term commitment to the A Boy and His Blob universe,” said Ziggurat Interactive senior vice president of business development Michael Devine in a press release. “Games like Blob only come along once in a great while and we are absolutely thrilled to continue Blob’s journey with our friends at WayForward for new and old audiences alike.”

oh dang! somehow i missed this announcement. always wanted to try this, i absolutely love the original.

I had a great time with the original Wii game. I picked it up near launch kinda randomly while browsing in store, as I had somehow missed it's announcement ( or more likely saw it and forgot ) and didn't have any familiarity with the original NES game ( Didn't even know about it until I completed the Wii game) ended up enjoying it way more than I ever expected to. If by any chance this re-release has a physical version I'll pick it up day one, hopefully this really does lead to another WayForward developed entry.

One of the hidden gems of the Wii's library. Looking forward to playing this again.

This news was a pleasant surprise, as well as a shameful reminder that life got in the way and I never got around to finishing it. With the implication that this release is part of longer term plans, maybe I'll just pick up this version and tackle hug it there as a sign of support.

I don’t think I can bring myself to purchase it but this is a cool announcement.

hopefully we get to see more and more Wii Guy Games added to switch as companies realize that everything sells well on it

I remember hearing about this game when it was released on the Wii, never got to play it. It had a really good reception at the time, so i'll probably try it.

I’ve never played this game before but my wife grew up with the original on the NES. She is very excited for this.

I’m excited for what Ziggurat is doing. ExZeus Collection is really good and I liked A Boy and His Blob back in the day.

They’ve promised a lot more niche remasters in the future as well.

Excited about this! I used to have a sealed Wii copy because I thought it was really cute... A silly kid. Excited to try it out.

Man, this is great news. I always wanted to play the game, but only learned about it, when it was basically impossible to find a new copy where I live. Didn't even know it already got ported to so many other systems, lol. Will sure get it on Switch, then. :)

release date
Last edited:
One of the first Wii games I bought, and it was a wonderful experience. However, I never finished it because I do have a bad habit of buying new games before I finish a previous game and booting it up for just 20 minutes to give it a quick try.... and then not go back to the old game.

Will triple dip (have it on PS4, but played five minutes and shut it off as they did not up the resolution, making my Wii version hooked up to my CRT back in the day actually look much better).

i don't think one has been confirmed yet, but the publisher has worked with LRG in the past so maybe a physical release will come in the future.

That’s what I assumed since WayForward has a really good working relationship with LRG but I’m not familiar with this publisher at all

Yeah, I had this for Wii and would definitely be down to grab a copy on Switch if it finds physical availability. It's a cute little game.

Cool to have it finally on Switch but i gotta wonder why it took them so long for make it happen. We already had a HD version and the Switch been popping for years - great that it happened but i always think about the years of missed out sales on such no brainer ports, especially when you consider the legs of some indie titles on Switch.

At least its launching at a fair price. Already own it on Wii and PC, but i might get the Switch release on a sale down the line just to have it there as well.

How the hell did I miss this? This was one of the few games I still wanted for my Wii, but this'll do!

I really hope there is a physical edition coming eventually. Imma wait a bit, but will get this eventually anyway.

Incredibly unexpected port! I enjoyed the Wii version very much, so I'll probably pick this up at some point.

It's a really enjoyable and charming game but I found the controls in one of the later levels to be just impossibly difficult.

Back
Top Bottom