• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

NSO Pokémon Puzzle League will be available on NSO on July 15th (Japan gets Custom Robo and Custom Robo V2 instead) (out now!)

Such memories!! Used to play this all the time at a friend's house when I was a kid!

I guess this means they're not announcing another slate of games to come? Still a really neat add!
Considering Japan is getting Custom Robo instead, I think they may be holding off on a roadmap until they've released both Custom Robo games in Japan.

Edit: whoops I misread it, both Custom Robo games are coming next week.

Last edited:
I want a proper Puzzle League on Switch too. Touch screen is a huge game changer, turned the game into a different beast on Nintendo DS. I remember stacking combos over combos limitless mode in Planet Puzzle League.

Now things are par internationally numbers wise. Wonder if next month is a big one and it’ll come with a new roadmap

Cool! Just got to write up the whole "gaming venture" thread of how Puzzle League and Snap were the only Pokémon games I played back then;

though, if Japan is getting two games, it would be cool to have Cruis'n USA since it's a west exclusive as well;

Man, I hope we get the Custom Robo games eventually. They're so much fun >.>

We’re in uncharted territory for the N64 app now! Both Custom Robo games are out of the way and we’ve got out first game that wasn’t part of the initial roadmap.

I’d bet anything this is making way for GoldenEye next month. It’s the anniversary after all :)

Considering Japan is getting Custom Robo instead, I think they may be holding off on a roadmap until they've released both Custom Robo games in Japan.
Japan is getting Custom Robo and Custom Robo V2 on the same day. But I agree that there could still be a roadmap coming, since Custom Robo is finishing off what was announced in the first wave.

IMO it hinges on whether the games they have to announce are exciting enough to bother with a roadmap. I don't think it's certain either way.

I'm surprised Nintendo never localized the Custom Robo games. They were kinda hurting for software during the N64 days. Guess they figured it wasn't worth the money to translate and localize but seems odd.

This game fucking slaps, what an awesome addition. Never saw this coming.

I'm surprised Nintendo never localized the Custom Robo games. They were kinda hurting for software during the N64 days. Guess they figured it wasn't worth the money to translate and localize but seems odd.

They at least eventually got around to it with the GCN and DS games.

"Fun" fact: Custom Robo Arena's the only CR game to have a full worldwide release. Even Battle Revolution was only localized in the US, leaving out PAL regions.

8pmA.gif

That's exactly what I thought Nintendo would do, Puzzle League for West and both Custom Robo for Japan. Should have bet money on it.

Now next month we may get anything, exciting! Hoping for Diddy Kong Racing or Banjo-Tooie.

Japan is getting Custom Robo and Custom Robo V2 on the same day. But I agree that there could still be a roadmap coming, since Custom Robo is finishing off what was announced in the first wave.

IMO it hinges on whether the games they have to announce are exciting enough to bother with a roadmap. I don't think it's certain either way.
Oh, I misread it then, my bad. Interesting.

Yeah with both of them coming in one day I expect we’ll be getting something of note next month if they wanted to end japan’s roadmap that bad instead of hanging onto CRV2 for a later date. Shows they wanted things in alignment again.

Nice surprise. I'll give it a month, but if Nintendo doesn't announce a road map for future N64 games in August then we are probably going into each month blind going forward.

Hopefully Wave Race is next month's game.

I swear to fuck Japanese players better be pumping up those Custom Robo numbers to get a new entry worldwide.

I swear to fuck Japanese players better be pumping up those Custom Robo numbers to get a new entry worldwide.

"Due to the resounding success of the Custom Robo games on NSO, we are announcing a brand new Custom Robo game for mobile devices exclusively in Japan".

You can make a Japan Nintendo Account, access the Japan eShop and download their N64 app. That's the only workaround really.
Good luck figuring out where to go tho XD it has a ton of text. Meanwhile oh hey I finally have a reason to download the Japanese app

Reminder of some potential signs we have for upcoming games on the service:
  • The game IDs datamined at the launch of the service have clear gaps that can only really fit Mario Party 1-3, Smash 64, Wave Race 64 and Worms Armageddon.
  • The emulator has preliminary support for the Transfer Pak. This potentially corroborates a rumor from Emily that Pokémon Stadium and other transfer pak compatible games (Stadium 2? Perfect Dark? probably the Mario sports games but those are already up) have been tested for the app.
  • The emulator has fully working support for RTC (real time clock) emulation. The only game that uses this is Animal Crossing.
  • The most recent version of the app added text referencing microphone support, similar to the Famicom app but not just in Japanese. Would only be for Hey, You! Pikachu.
I'd bet on GoldenEye for next month though; the anniversary is coming up and despite a remaster appearing likely there would be no reason for Nintendo to get the original unbanned in Germany in that case as the remaster would be re-rated anyway.

It's not hard! Just go down to the Nintendo Switch Online section when you go to the eShop and look for the N64 icon.
Yeah I meant in the actual games, CR is in the top 8 most text heavy N64 games
Reminder of some potential signs we have for upcoming games on the service:
  • The game IDs datamined at the launch of the service have clear gaps that can only really fit Mario Party 1-3, Smash 64, Wave Race 64 and Worms Armageddon.
  • The emulator has preliminary support for the Transfer Pak. This potentially corroborates a rumor from Emily that Pokémon Stadium and other transfer pak compatible games (Stadium 2? Perfect Dark? probably the Mario sports games but those are already up) have been tested for the app.
  • The emulator has fully working support for RTC (real time clock) emulation. The only game that uses this is Animal Crossing.
  • The most recent version of the app added text referencing microphone support, similar to the Famicom app but not just in Japanese. Would only be for Hey, You! Pikachu.
I'd bet on GoldenEye for next month though; the anniversary is coming up and despite a remaster appearing likely there would be no reason for Nintendo to get the original unbanned in Germany in that case as the remaster would be re-rated anyway.
Definitely curious to see what’s next. I still we’ll get another roadmap just to assuage people on what additional rare games are coming, tho 007 could delay it. Somethings definitely up with them dropping both Custom Robo’s at once

I think they meant where to go in the game itself as they are both text heavy games.

Yeah I meant in the actual games, CR is in the top 8 most text heavy N64 games

Definitely curious to see what’s next. I still we’ll get another roadmap just to assuage people on what additional rare games are coming, tho 007 could delay it. Somethings definitely up with them dropping both Custom Robo’s at once
Ah I misunderstood, my bad.

Hmm, maybe we won't get a new trailer with wave 2 after all. The first trailer was necessary for people to know they were going to add more games, but now we are more than used to a monthly game, and they are continuing with that trend even with the wave 1 already finished. I would be happy only with the confirmation that we are getting Banjo-Tooie, DK64 and Diddy Kong Racing some day, but it's also exciting going blindly and get surprises like this.

That said, what a great game puzzle league was, I was expecting it but not so soon, so I'm really glad. Hoping we will be able to play also the GBC version in the future.

Hmm, maybe we won't get a new trailer with wave 2 after all. The first trailer was necessary for people to know they were going to add more games, but now we are more than used to a monthly game, and they are continuing with that trend even with the wave 1 already finished. I would be happy only with the confirmation that we are getting Banjo-Tooie, DK64 and Diddy Kong Racing some day, but it's also exciting going blindly and get surprises like this.

That said, what a great game puzzle league was, I was expecting it but not so soon, so I'm really glad. Hoping we will be able to play also the GBC version in the future.
I mean it's possible we get a new trailer with more when we actually end up getting a Direct with new first-party stuff.

I imagine we'd get wave 2 in the...well who knows if it would happen now, but the September Direct? Just because it lines up perfectly after Goldeneye supposedly releases in August. That or a twitter drop of the 2nd wave

Back
Top Bottom