• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Neo Geo Pocket Color RPG Biomotor Unitron gets surprise release on Switch

mazi

picross pundit
SNK has dropped another Neo Geo Pocket Color title on Switch, with the RPG Biomotor Unitron going live today. The title originally released in 1999.

Biomotor Unitron “was the first RPG for SNK’s handheld system and lets players experience an epic sci-fi fantasy world and battle mighty enemies as the humanoid battle robot Unitron.” Read a bit more about the game below.
Originally developed for the NEOGEO Pocket Color in 1999, Biomotor Unitron was the first RPG for SNK’s handheld system and lets players experience an epic science-fiction fantasy world and battle mighty enemies as the humanoid battle robot Unitron.

Players take on the role of Unitron pilots as they explore dungeons to acquire various materials. These dungeons change their appearance every time a pilot enters them. A Unitron’s shape changes according to the pilot’s level—new weapons can be developed by synthesizing materials and parts, so everyone can create their own Unitron!

In the arena, the hall of fame of Unitron Masters, the strongest enemies gather, and players can battle it out with the strongest Unitron for the glorious title of “Master of Masters.”

The instruction manual included with the game is for the NEOGEO Pocket Color version. Therefore, some specifications may differ on Nintendo Switch. Trading functions are not implemented.

I don't remember this game from back in the day, but the look and sound of the video screams "Here's our Pokémon alternative!"

there's probably an extremely low chance of this happening, but i'd like to see picture puzzle being released as part of this series.

Ha ha, the transition from that hype as fuck slick intro to the boring top down 90 degree angle designed map.

Such a familiar feeling of disappointment from back then.

I still remember so badly wanting to skip ahead years until what we actually played was like those intros.

Now I have an entire switch chock over full of 30 second clips of me pulling off stupid shit to look dramatic and cool in monster hunter.

Vindication!!!!!

That's cool, but I'm going to continue waiting until they release a NGPC Selections Vol. 2. I just prefer buying these games in collections rather then buying them piecemeal.

Hopefully Sonic Pocket Adventure will finally release on it soon enough. You'd think getting the Capcom stuff would've been a bigger feat but I guess not?

Back
Top Bottom