• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

NSO Mario Golf 64 coming to NSO Expansion Pack on April 15 (out now!)

Mandos

Pikmin
Pronouns
He/Him

Well that just leaves Kirby and Pokémon snap. Wonder if Japan will get Custom Robo V1 next month, would be weird for it to be a launch announcement but not make it till wave 2(which will probably be revealed in June)
Anyone else feeling like a minigolf tourney?

This is an N64 game I had very little experience with so I'm excited to play this in a week.

Looking forward to this! I played lots of N64 mario tennis, but didn't really appreciate golf games yet when it was new. It's also the kind of arcadey, quick in and out game I prefer from these services.

I wonder how they will handle the GB content in the game.
Just like Mario Tennis, they aren't.

45599_17.jpg

Maybe when Game Boy NSO releases.

I'm in for this. Mario Golf 64 was great, and it's the kind of gameplay that is timeless, regardless of the graphics.

Also, the controls should function okay on a Pro Controller ... unlike Starfox 64 and Sin and Punishment.

My favorite entry in the Mario Golf series! Spent so much time with this in middle school and early high school!

HELL YEAH

This is still my favorite Mario Golf game to date. Something about those weird Camelot humans, spamming all the taunts on the c buttons, and the challenging Get Character mode put it over the top for me.

Can't wait for next week!

A really good game even if I was hoping for Kirby 64. That said my hand is having longterm problems so an undemanding golf game might just hit the spot.

It's dropping frames constantly. Some segments are completely smooth, but these are few and far between. N64 version prides itself on a locked 60FPS, so having this be stutter central is a real shame.

That sounds absolutely rough. Hope they patch it. They did wonders on OoT so I'm sure they're at least trying to fix it.

Hope they patch F-Zero X... It's hardly playable at the moment.

This is my hope too. It might be my most played N64 game of all time, so the NSO version was especially egregious.

That sounds absolutely rough. Hope they patch it. They did wonders on OoT so I'm sure they're at least trying to fix it.
They’ve been doing updates and tweaks with every release so if not with this then by next month, should be top of the fix list

Nice, I've never played this but I've heard enough good things that I'm up to giving it a shot. The fact that it's releasing on the 15th makes me wonder if we'll be seeing a Genesis NSO update this month as well.

Just like Mario Tennis, they aren't.

45599_17.jpg

Maybe when Game Boy NSO releases.
Hope it does happen when GB NSO releases. There have been quite a few cases already now where it feels like they could have gone that little bit further with the NSO releases of games and they just never have

I absolutely loathe Mario Golf Super Rush due to the awful single player (which is something I'd never say considering I even loved the 3DS single player) so I'm mad excited to replay a Mario Golf that isn't 99% wasting time running after your ball.

At first I interpretted the thread title as referring to Super Rush and I was a little annoyed, then slightly impressed, and after opening the thread for clarificatiin back to my senses.

I absolutely loathe Mario Golf Super Rush due to the awful single player (which is something I'd never say considering I even loved the 3DS single player) so I'm mad excited to replay a Mario Golf that isn't 99% wasting time running after your ball.
How’s the couch vs experience in Super Rush compare to 64?

200px-Maplegolfing.png

Finally, it's her time.
The best character. The difference between straight shooters vs the players with hooks and fades are hilarious in regards to how much just being off slightly when aiming your shot is. With her if you are off one or two notches it’s fine, won’t miss by much. You use Mario or Bowser or someone and if it isn’t dead center your shot goes friggin flying off the course out of bounds

Either I'm trash now cause it's been YEARS since playing

Or there's input lag throwing me off big time. I'll get it down though, Mario Golf is worth it!

I played a lot of this on Wii U, so do think it's very good, but not as a drip feed release. I still have Banjo to resume, but I'd really like the selection to be a bit more adventurous.

Well, I unlocked Luigi thanks to him crapping every putt he took. There is definitely a lag between my pro controller and the game.

Sigh, I need to get my 64 controller back from my brother.

I played a lot of this on Wii U, so do think it's very good, but not as a drip feed release. I still have Banjo to resume, but I'd really like the selection to be a bit more adventurous.
I mean we got Winback. Curious to see what wave 2 holds when they announced it in June/the next direct. Jealous that Japan gets custom robo

literally unplayable lol

God, my timing is so off....
It’s difficult even with the base characters against Luigi. Playing a hook/fade character against Bowser/metal Mario will be like trying to beat Ikaruga with a Lets Go Pikachu/Eevee Pokeball controller

I sat in the driving range and dusted off my cobwebs for driving and regular play. Went right back to get character mode and unlocked Luigi.

It's all coming back to me.

Back
Top Bottom