• Hey Guest! As we are sure you are aware, Russia has invaded Ukraine. Check out our pinned thread in the Roost for resources on how to support Ukraine in their ongoing crisis. Let's show our solidarity with the Ukrainian people!

StarTopic 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim |ST| The time machine is inside your desk drawer

curl-6

Bob-omb
Pronouns
he/him
Just got up to the revelation that the Deimos are basically just 22nd century tractors/heavy machinery for terraforming rather than some military superweapon and for some reason this is just such an awesome twist to me. It's like if you took a tractor back to roman times it would seem like this monstrous thing to the people back then.

I love the game's steady cadence of cool reveals like this, it's just so satisfying and addictive, and it's amazing how many it manages to pack in without it ever feeling forced or contrived.

Ozzie

Like Like
Talk about revealing something crazy and a cliff hanger...
Yuki is a professor, she's Nat-Chan's Mum and to top it off, Mirua is actually not from 1945 but 2188 bruhhh

Joedev

Piranha Plant
I managed to get lucky and be included in a Target deal for 30% video games. I looked through the list of eligible titles expecting most notable things to be excluded, but I was surprised to find this on the list. This really isn't something I would normally go for, but I figure for $40 it was worth a shot. It'll get here on Friday and I'm excited to start it!

curl-6

Bob-omb
Pronouns
he/him
Okay holy shit I just got to the twist that the characters are clones of the humans from 2188 on a distant planet in the far future sent by a DNA-carrying colony ship, and that 2188 version of Ryoko set the terraforming machines to turn on them and purge them as she had lost faith in the project and in humanity.
And the in game stats say I am 50% of the way through the story. Far out, just how awesome and insane does this game get!? I feel like it's packed in 10 normal stories' worth of juicy reveals just in its first half!

ScOULaris

13 Sentinels Evangelist
Pronouns
He/Him
Okay holy shit I just got to the twist that the characters are clones of the humans from 2188 on a distant planet in the far future sent by a DNA-carrying colony ship, and that 2188 version of Ryoko set the terraforming machines to turn on them and purge them as she had lost faith in the project and in humanity.
And the in game stats say I am 50% of the way through the story. Far out, just how awesome and insane does this game get!? I feel like it's packed in 10 normal stories' worth of juicy reveals just in its first half!
Now you're getting into the real shit.

OP
OP
Irene

Irene

Game Builder Garage fangirl
Pronouns
She/Her
I just ordered a copy. So hype!

Let us know what you think!

It's so interesting that various people get the twists at various points in the story depending on what routes they take. l got that one much later. But yeah, you have much more to go. The game never stops!

SammyJ9

Weeb of the Rings
Pronouns
He/Him
I'm currently 71% in story/rememberance and there's so much mystery still??
Oh yeah. It keeps the hits coming all the way until the very end. This game is a masterclass in nonlinear storytelling and pacing, specifically on when and how to reveal things to the player.

Ozzie

Like Like
I have now completed Juro, Iori and Megumi routes. Quite a few crazy things revealed here and there but I'm still so curious about fluffy. And there's so many questions I have, hoping to see them answered and experience more crazy stuff in other stories/routes lol.

So far, Remembrance is at 74%, Destruction 71% and Analysis 56%.

I can also say that I'm enjoying this game so much more than I expected. The presentation, story, characters, gameplay, VA and soundtrack is absolutely phenomenal.

Ozzie

Like Like
I have now completed 10 stories and damn, so much to unpack here:
Only 10 people left on the colony and humanity on the brink of extinction. It makes sense now everytime there's a scene in 2188, it was always in Space since the surface is too toxic to live.

Almost near the end with this game and this has been a blast.

SiG

Bob-omb
Having finished the game for about a month now, I think I can lay aside some opinions.

Mainly, sticking to Natsuno Minami's story, along with finding Deimos parts created by Shikishima and hints that they are really terraforming equipment pretty much solidified my initial suspicions that this was a post-Earth colony on some far-off system (B.J.'s statement about this not being Earth and them not being humans), but I wasn't sure why they'd go on to recreate the different time periods. Miura's story does shed light on the creation of Sectors but the reasons as to why it had to specifically be Japan still had me baffled until the whole coorporate political intrigue with Shikishima and their nanomachine tech was brought up by Ei Sekigahara's arc.

I'm still wondering if the reason they recreated the time periods using simulated Sectors was because the personel who've "awakened" early (realized the state they were in) could conduct post-human investigations on Shikishima's founders since they seem to be the source of the catastrophe: It turns out it was the AI Construct of Kenta Ogata who was orchestrating this all along, and makes me wonder if they will "arrest" Nenji's father upon recreation or, as in the case of Tetsuya Ida, "rehabilitate" (since Ida's reincarnations who manipualted all of them got killed, but his Sector 0 back up was still intact.) them. In any case, I did find it weird that Ida got off lightly despite the terrible things he did.

The same could also be said for Juro Izumi and how Okino would've been easily would be able to accept his word regarding the (altered) Deimos Code...after getting shot by Yakushiji whom he manipulated. Granted there were was a lot of post-level Destruction dialogue that fleshes this out, and it seemed they were willing to put aside their differences in the heat of the actual invasion.

Scrawnton

T1D Gamer
Founder
My copy is coming today. Quick question, does it matter what order I play characters in? I have been avoiding almost any video / discussion on this game because I don't want any spoilers.

OP
OP
Irene

Irene

Game Builder Garage fangirl
Pronouns
She/Her
My copy is coming today. Quick question, does it matter what order I play characters in? I have been avoiding almost any video / discussion on this game because I don't want any spoilers.

Not at all. The beauty of the game is the way it allows you to completely go in the order you see fit.

Clix

Paratroopa
Not finished yet, because I did a lot of the storylines off the bat, going back as soon as I unlock more. I finished Iori’s storyline, and the rest at 70 - 85 percent.

In destruction, I’ve done the first post tutorial city and halfway through the second city.

Loving the game! My only complaint is that due to the various storylines and how they slowly unlock, I sometimes get lost and forget certain events lol

I’m loving destruction mode a lot though. It’s a ton of fun. I’m still trying to figure out how to set up my 2nd Gen and 4th Gen sentinels. So if anyone has any tips of which armaments to use for those two generations, I will gladly take them.

curl-6

Bob-omb
Pronouns
he/him
Finished my first character campaign, Iori's.

The revelation that skipping to the reset and continuing into the next loop means being converted to data and your real self dying was a cool take on the digital immortality conundrum.

Her blink-and-you'll-miss-it bisexual awakening was nice as well. I liked that it was done in an entirely non-erotic way so that it didn't come off as mere fanservice.

On the whole, now that it's complete, I really enjoyed her story. :)

Ozzie

Like Like
Lmao!
I'm dying, Ogata tries to confess to Kisarigi but in the most epic fail way and in open comes where everyone hears lmao. Kurabe then says he thinks Ogata sounds cool but it made him feel worse.

BassForever

Shriekbat
Founder
Pronouns
He/Him
Am I missing something, twice now I've "finished" a segment of a characters story, there are no more branches to take, but the game isn't locking me out. My guess is I just need to proceed further in someone else's story or destruction to unlock more, but I don't know if I'm just missing some weird key word not relevant to this branch but important later.

Edit: nvm I figured it out, just means there's no "lock" and I can continue the story

Last edited:

Top Bottom