• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim |ST| The time machine is inside your desk drawer

I got my first 100% in adventure mode and it was Juro. What a badass way to close his story and tie-in his part in battle mode.

Finished the game. 100% Everything. 10/10 fantastic game cant wait to see what VW come up next. Excited for GrimGrimore

Found it for sub £40 from Base.com so decided to give it a shot as many I know have raved about it. Looking forward to it.

Man, Renya Gouto's first chapter is a wild ride, and the way they introduce so much juicy new info with it, then lock him away til you've completed most of the game is a masterful tease.

I also love that there's so many cool twists and turns in this game that most chapters drop the kind of revelation you'd expect from the climax of a normal story.

I confess, I'm having a tough time placing 13 Sentinels in my rankings of Switch games as its so different from anything else I own on the system and almost more of a show or graphic novel than a game a lot of the time. It's amazing for what it is, it just feels like apples to oranges trying to compare to it other excellent Switch games like Kirby and the Forgotten Land or Metroid Dread or what have you.

At any rate, still enjoying it immensely!

With Triangle Strategy finished (amazing game), I can now finally start this game. I love plot twists and insane wild rides such as Ace Attorney, Danganronpa and Zero Escape. Judging from the comments and impressions, looks like it will be a really wild ride lol.

Edit: omg, the menu music did not have to go this hard!?

Last edited:
Outside of the tutorials, I have not done any battles yet, just focusing on the story. Not sure if this is the right way to play lol

I'm near the end and I think it's better if you don't fall too much behind in % between adventure and battle, otherwise you'll have to catch up at some point.

With Triangle Strategy finished (amazing game), I can now finally start this game. I love plot twists and insane wild rides such as Ace Attorney, Danganronpa and Zero Escape. Judging from the comments and impressions, looks like it will be a really wild ride lol.

It did :)

Wow, if you like those three games, this is RIGHT up your alley.

I often say to other people that 13 Sentinels is so unique, but the two games/stories I can think of that comes even remotely close to capture the majesty and intricacy of its plot are Steins;Gate and Zero Escape: 999.

Wow, this game is pretty...the sunets in the classroom is giving me so much cozy vibes with that splendid soundtrack.

Based on what you said, I think 13S will end up being one of your favorite games.

It did :)

Wow, if you like those three games, this is RIGHT up your alley.

I often say to other people that 13 Sentinels is so unique, but the two games/stories I can think of that comes even remotely close to capture the majesty and intricacy of its plot are Steins;Gate and Zero Escape: 999.

Based on what you said, I think 13S will end up being one of your favorite games.
Oh god, I'm actually really excited lmao

I'm a couple of hours in to the game... and I there's a lot of stuff I dont really understand at all - almost everything hehe.. I havnt been introduced to all the characters yet I guess so I'm sure I will understand what everything means at some point - but outside of the story, which already has shown it's going places for many hours. Will I start to understand everything else.. soonish? :p

So according to the game I am about a third of the way through, and it's already got me like

tumblr_o16n2kBlpX1ta3qyvo1_1280.jpg

Finally unlocked the path to continue for both Hijiyama and Amaguchi after a long time away, so looking forward to getting back to my boys tonight and seeing where this rabbit hole takes them next. That said I also really wanna continue with Keitaro and Megumi; having so many stories to choose from be like

39anu6.png

The fact there doesn't seem to be a single dud among 13 "campaigns" is a remarkable accomplishment.

I'm a couple of hours in to the game... and I there's a lot of stuff I dont really understand at all - almost everything hehe.. I havnt been introduced to all the characters yet I guess so I'm sure I will understand what everything means at some point - but outside of the story, which already has shown it's going places for many hours. Will I start to understand everything else.. soonish? :p

It'll all come together! And if you're having questions, the Analysis section is very easy and straightforward to navigate.

Is there any meaningful reward for completing the game to 100%? I'm need to get some S ranks to do it but the battle mode isn't the best part of the game.

Is there any meaningful reward for completing the game to 100%? I'm need to get some S ranks to do it but the battle mode isn't the best part of the game.
Not really, no. Other than the Analysis section filling up accordingly. I mostly did it on PS4 for the platinum trophy.

Not really, no. Other than the Analysis section filling up accordingly. I mostly did it on PS4 for the platinum trophy.

Thank you.

Completed the game. There is so much to say but it's impossible to talk about it without spoilers. I'm just really glad I played it because I think it's one very meaningful and unique experience.

Thank you.

Completed the game. There is so much to say but it's impossible to talk about it without spoilers. I'm just really glad I played it because I think it's one very meaningful and unique experience.

Let's talk about it with spoiler tags!

I had no luck getting a physical copy and I don't wanna import one :(

Completed all prologues and did some battles which I did not expect to enjoy this much. I'm really curious how the story is going to tie up, it's actually impressive on how it instantly hooks you.

Up til this point I've been jumping between characters a lot, but last night I sat down and binged Ogata's story for three chapters in a row; it was a different experience, focusing on a single storyline instead of switch between them, but no less enthralling.

Got up to the reveal that the "15 teenagers" (two mystery ones beyond the titular protagonists then) are the "commanders" of the Diemos, and that the Diemos were created by humanity. Again, the sort of thing most games would save for the finale, but here dropped less than halfway through.

The amount of twists and turns the story manages to pack in without it feeling forced and contrived is really impressive.

Gonna start Shinonome's story tonight, can't wait.

I also have to give massive props to the RTS segments for somehow making itself so accessible and engaging to someone like me who has always struggled with the genre and found it very difficult to get into.

Completed all prologues and did some battles which I did not expect to enjoy this much. I'm really curious how the story is going to tie up, it's actually impressive on how it instantly hooks you.

I really didn't expect much of the battles in the beginning either. I got to look at some screenshots, and the UI sort of scared me. But it's amazing how fluent they make you feel after a while.

Up til this point I've been jumping between characters a lot, but last night I sat down and binged Ogata's story for three chapters in a row; it was a different experience, focusing on a single storyline instead of switch between them, but no less enthralling.

Got up to the reveal that the "15 teenagers" (two mystery ones beyond the titular protagonists then) are the "commanders" of the Diemos, and that the Diemos were created by humanity. Again, the sort of thing most games would save for the finale, but here dropped less than halfway through.

The amount of twists and turns the story manages to pack in without it feeling forced and contrived is really impressive.

Gonna start Shinonome's story tonight, can't wait.

I also have to give massive props to the RTS segments for somehow making itself so accessible and engaging to someone like me who has always struggled with the genre and found it very difficult to get into.

Ogata's story was so interesting!

I just kept on laughing when he got all confused and asked everyone about "hey, do you have this key thing?", and no one was able to answer. Then the answer just sort of blows you away.

I feel like people sleep on the RTS segments a bit. They're not for everyone, but I think that most people go into the game expecting very little from them only to be a bit surprised with how fun they can be. The Switch version is even better in this regard since the battles have been pretty substantially rebalanced to be more challenging.

I'm a simple man, investigating for clues in area full of vibes, atmosphere with amazing soundtracks that enhance the atmosphere makes me all excited and happy. I'm really enjoying playing as Yuki lol.

Currently at 42% with Megumi, god what is going on?? I'm really hoping I will understand everything by the end of this game lol.

I feel like people sleep on the RTS segments a bit. They're not for everyone, but I think that most people go into the game expecting very little from them only to be a bit surprised with how fun they can be. The Switch version is even better in this regard since the battles have been pretty substantially rebalanced to be more challenging.
Yeah there's a lot of little ways they make it more engaging to me than most strategy games; its not as punishing or stressful for a start, it doesn't feel like there's one "correct" way to do each mission and gives you a lot of freedom in how you want to use your assets, the awesome sound effects makes the attacks feel satisfying, and it manages the impressive feat of having considerable depth while still keeping things accessible and easy to understand.

As someone who's never been able to get into the likes of Fire Emblem and such, I'm enjoying this way more than I expected to. :)

Uuhhh
Hold on, is Iori Fuyusaka Ms. Morimura?? And then Shu Amaguchi's name is apparently Tetsuya Ida?? What is going on lol?

Uuhhh
Hold on, is Iori Fuyusaka Ms. Morimura?? And then Shu Amaguchi's name is apparently Tetsuya Ida?? What is going on lol?

That one took a while for me to fully wrap my head around. But you'll see it further down the line.

I'm nearly the end, things are going crazy lol.
Part of the code for the AI process was basically copied and pasted over from a video game ?? my mind is melting.

I beat this game over 2 weeks ago and I haven't stopped thinking about it yet.

I originally beat it back in 2020, and I'm still thinking about it. Welcome to the club.

Oh wow
Ei and Ryoko are siblings?

Not literally.

They just have a sibling-esque friendship. They grew up together, and Ei sees himself as an older brother figure to Shinonome.

Quoted by: SiG
Skimming over this thread has me reeeeeally tempted to buy the game. Are there any news/rumours about a PC version? If not, I think i’ll just go for the Switch version.

Quick edit: amazing ST too! Congrats!

Skimming over this thread has me reeeeeally tempted to buy the game. Are there any news/rumours about a PC version? If not, I think i’ll just go for the Switch version.

Very, very unlikely considering the fact that no Vanillaware game has ever been released on PC to my knowledge.

Even if it were on PC, I'd still suggest the Switch version since the portability aspect fit the game so well, not to mention the more balanced combat making the RTS sections more fun. (If there would be a PC port, I have a feeling that they'd port the PS4 version.) Then again, maybe PC is your platform of choice.

And thanks!

They just have a sibling-esque friendship. They grew up together, and Ei sees himself as an older brother figure to Shinonome.
I thought it was the opposite? Ei sees Shinonome as an older sister who took care of him, and thus feels an indebted kinship to her.

I thought it was the opposite? Ei sees Shinonome as an older sister who took care of him, and thus feels an indebted kinship to her.
Yeah it's one way or the other. I may be misremembering which was older.

I don't know why but I got shocked when I find out that
The Shikishima's top executive is Ogata!? And Natsuno is an alien created??

Finally completed the game. This indeed is a really great game and a must play if you are a fan of great visual novel games. While this technically is not visual novel, it certainly has the feel of it, sort of like 999.

While this game has a lot of big twists and turns, unfortunately I predicted just about every major twist of the game early on lol. So it had less impact to me when things slowly got revealed.

The story branch of Miura from early on really gave a lot of hints as to what's really going on in their world. It made you really suspicious of the "time travel" and their "future selves".

Finally completed the game. This indeed is a really great game and a must play if you are a fan of great visual novel games. While this technically is not visual novel, it certainly has the feel of it, sort of like 999.

While this game has a lot of big twists and turns, unfortunately I predicted just about every major twist of the game early on lol. So it had less impact to me when things slowly got revealed.

The story branch of Miura from early on really gave a lot of hints as to what's really going on in their world. It made you really suspicious of the "time travel" and their "future selves".

Happy to hear you liked it!

Did you catch the Eva references? I heard that there is some, but I didn't pick up on them.

Happy to hear you liked it!

Did you catch the Eva references? I heard that there is some, but I didn't pick up on them.
It seems the references are mostly from Western sci-fi films like ET, Terminator, MIB, etc. The closest I guess for Evangelion
is the way the Kaiju are drilling to reach the underground, like Ramiel (the diamond-like Angel) drilling to reach Nerv. I may have missed it too if there's any.

Finished the main game yesterday evening. It was a blast, but...
...that final battle had me sweating! O_O After the credits roll and cutscenes, I checked how I did and to no surprise my performance was ranked C. I really got swamped near the end.

All that's left is unlocking and reading a few remaining mystery files.

One of the game's real strengths is the way it seems to incorporate so many classic sci-fi tropes and homages, yet somehow make them its own so that they don't feel cliché or derivative.
Its a real testament to the writing that still has its own unique identity despite borrowing liberally from the best of the genre.

Back
Top Bottom