• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

TV ‘Powerpuff Girls,’ ‘Foster’s Home for Imaginary Friends’ Reboots in the Works by Original Creator Craig McCracken

WestEgg

King of the Krocs
Administrator
Pronouns
he/him

“The Powerpuff Girls” reboot revisits and expands upon the world of the original show, as Blossom, Bubbles and Buttercup face off against a variety of villains comprised of familiar foes and new threats. “Foster’s Home for Imaginary Friends” will return as an original preschool animated series, welcoming a new cast of imaginary friends.
“The Hanna-Barbera homecoming of Craig was an opportunity we could not pass up,” said Sam Register, president of Cartoon Network Studios, Warner Bros. Animation and Hanna-Barbera Studios Europe. “Along with his unparalleled sense of fun and imagination, he’s bringing two of his greatest works in ‘The Powerpuff Girls’ and ‘Foster’s Home for Imaginary Friends,’ and we are so excited for these characters to be a part of the new legacy taking shape at the studio.”

I'm pretty sure the previous reboot of the Powerpuff Girls didn't involve McCracken, so this is a good sign for both shows. It would be nice if they also returned the original voice cast, as I recall there were some bad feelings over them not being offered a return last time. Other tweets seem to indicate that Lauren Faust is involved, who is married to McCracken and is probably best known for conceptualizing My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.

Oh I missed the original creators are coming back for this news. I haven’t had cable in a decade, but I’d love to see these eventually! Really liked Foster’s back in the day especially.

If Craig is back then I have hope for Powerpuff Girls, Fosters is going to be REALLY WEIRD if they don't attach Lauren Faust to it. Fosters has a lot of potential as a sequel then a reboot. I'm still hoping for the Galactic Kids Next Door, Dexter Lab, Courage the Cowardly Dog and a adult take for Grim Adventure of Billy and Mandy to make a comeback.

So, this along with The CW and Berlanti's live-action PPG disaster still apparently in the works? Huh.

Fun times ahead, if you're a fun of the Whoopass Girls!

Back
Top Bottom