• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion Those with multiple switches, will you keep any when you get a Switch 2? If so which one/s?

Which are you keeping if you get a Switch 2?

• Total voters

SimplyCinnamon

Rattata
Pronouns
He/Him
Currently have a OG Switch V2 and a Switch Lite. Usually I sell the previous console to help pay for a new one when it comes out. In this case I feel like it’s a hard pick, each Switch has something going for it to give reason to keep it when Switch 2 is released.

Switch OLED: Best screen, kickstand, nicer build, up for debate but to some the best version of the Switch.
Switch Lite: Smallest, most portable, might be a good compliment to the Switch 2 possibly being a good bit larger.
Switch OG: Iconic, the one likely to evoke the most nostalgia when using it years down the line.

I have an OG Switch and Lite. Intended to share play data between OG Switch and Lite for local multiplayer... then the pandemic hit and the OG has been in a drawer for years. In any case, I basically never sell hardware or games, so I imagine I'll be keeping them.

I have a launch unit and an OLED, and I've been hanging on to my brother's Lite since he's no longer interested thanks to his OLED.

I'll keep the launch unit as long as it's the only one I can mod. That said, it may be enticing to get a mod chip for the OLED depending on the exact circumstances of BC on the Switch 2. If not, I'll probably have an interested friend who I'd either sell it to for cheap or just outright gift it. I feel wasteful enough with how little I touch the launch unit right now, I don't need a 100% redundant device on top of it.

As for the Lite, as comfortable as it is to hold I'm not finding it much more convenient like I expected. I may return it to my brother.

When I got the OLED, I gave my original to my sister. When I get the Switch 2, Ill probably give her the OLED idk, she mostly plays mario games (specially party) in handheld so she might appreciate a better screen.

I typically never get rid of old consoles. I’ve got a launch Switch I keep at my computer for gameplay capture and streaming, and an OLED for daily use. When the Switch 2 comes, I’ll probably still get use out of both, since the OLED’s screen will still be great for portable play.

Not only will I keep my current ones, I already have an extra oled switch in case the other ones fails

I have a V1 from launch which I have given to my niece, I currently use an OLED but once I get Switch 2 I’ll likely either give that to my partner or my sister to keep.

Have a...
-Switch Lite [Pokemon SW/SH Edition]
-Switch v1 [Splatoon 2 Model]
-Switch OLED [for OLED-ness]

When the Switch 2 or whatever it gets called comes out. I'll get rid of the OLED and keep Lite and v1 but just box them up.

I'll probably never sell my SW/SH Edition one in the same way I still have two Fire Emblem Fates Nintendo 3DS's as well as a Halo LE Xbox Series X which has been turned on probably a couple times since I got it. It's difficult for me to part with the LE consoles besides the White PS4 Destiny one I had. I don't care with getting rid of systems if its regular model of systems as long as the new system can access everything the prior system had.

Got an OLED and a Lite, likely sell the OLED depending on Switch 2's backwards compatibility, and keep the Lite for future hacking potential.

Got an OLED and a Lite, likely sell the OLED depending on Switch 2's backwards compatibility, and keep the Lite for future hacking potential.
Someone just dumped Mariko's bootrom so it wouldn't take long before a bootrom hack is discovered ala 3DS NTRBoot. Once this is possible, I will buy an OLED and dump my chipped Mariko. I only use the mod for some retro arcade emulation when friends come over.

I have the launch model and the Oled and will be keeping both as I haven't needed to sell an old console to finance the purchase of a new one in a long time and I like having my collection

Someone just dumped Mariko's bootrom so it wouldn't take long before a bootrom hack is discovered ala 3DS NTRBoot. Once this is possible, I will buy an OLED and dump my chipped Mariko. I only use the mod for some retro arcade emulation when friends come over.

Nice! Maybe in that case I might sell the Lite and keep the OLED.

Closer to one day booting up my copy of Brilliant Diamond and playing Luminescent Platinum than I thought then!

I stopped selling/giving away my consoles a few generations ago. I pretty much have everything Wii/PS3/360 onwards sitting around somewhere in my house.

I have a hacked v1 Switch and an oled one but I'd probably rather try to gift those to family members at some point rather than bother selling them online.

Keep the Switch OLED around for 2D games, indie titles, and any good looking game that runs at native 720p.

The Switch 2 is projected to have an 8 inch 1080p display, unpatched games will look softer than on a native 720p screen. I don't really need the extra power when playing something like Celeste.

Launch v1, after 7 years of use and repairs (warping from the start, fan rattling after 3 years, crack in the case on the upper side) it won't be worth that much...

But it's a v1, so It has the exploit. It's more worth to me with that then I can get for it. It will be my modding switch, while the V2 will be the one I'll log into my Nintendo account to not risk anything.

Or I'll give it to family to get them more into gaming 🤔

I rarely get rid of old consoles, so I'll just safely store them and fetch them with nostalgia in 10 years, only to find out they no longer work, like it's happened with a couple of the older consoles I did the same with. 🥲

I don't sell anything. If there's something that I no longer need and don't have space for it, I just give it away. I've already given my OG Switch to someone, right now OLED and Lite are my active consoles.

And with the rumors of the successor being a big ass console, it seems I'll be holding on my Switches a lot longer. Way too big and I cannot bring it to the work with me. Lite is perfect in that regard, fits perfectly in my scrub pocket.

Daughter and I each have OLEDs, we’ll both be upgrading at launch…probably just stow the OLEDs away until we figure out what to do with them.

Thinking I might see if there’s a niece or nephew that can use them…might trade them in to go towards the Switch 2…haven’t really decided.

I have a v1 and OLED. I might hack my v1 eventually, but not now. OLED will be kept around for native resolution games, as the OLED screen is absolutely beautiful.

I have OG Switch and Lite that I got cheap used. After getting the Lite it has been the one I've mostly used, it's nicer to hold while playing. Will probably keep them both unless I just give the OG to someone else. Lite will stay, such a nice device with strong Vita feels.

Back
Top Bottom