• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion The Game Awards are fast approaching! What games will be nominated for GOTY, and what game will win?

Magic-Man

Perseus Jackson
Pronouns
He/Him
GOTY = Game of the Year.

The Game Awards will take place less than two months from now, and GOTY is easily the most important award for obvious reasons. There's normally six games nominated per year. What games will be nominated, and what game will win?

Deathloop
Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart
Hitman III
Metroid Dread
Psychonauts 2
It Takes Two

Sorry Returnal and Monster Hunter: Rise.

My guess is either Deathloop or Ratchet and Clank take home the prize.

Resident Evil Village probably will win, Im guessing metroid dread will be best family game though :LOL:

Whoops, I forgot all about Resident Evil Village.

For being an “off” year due to the pandemic, this was still a great year for gaming.

GOTY = Game of the Year.

The Game Awards will take place less than two months from now, and GOTY is easily the most important award for obvious reasons. There's normally six games nominated per year. What games will be nominated, and what game will win?
My best guess at the moment for a top 5:

Deathloop
Forza Horizon 5
Metroid Dread
Psychonauts 2
Ratchet and Clank
Resident Evil Village

FH5 is the shakiest on this list due to its racing genre, but in a fairly weak year, I'm not sure TGA will be able to ignore a 90+ MC game. Other options...It Takes Two? Monster Hunter Rise? (doubtful imo). It Takes Two is my wild card. Fantastic game.

Halo Infinite will only be eligible next year, or else that would slide in ahead of FH5 and probably RE Village.

Last edited:
I think the nominees will be...

It Takes Two
Psychonauts 2
Metroid Dread
Deathloop
Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
Monster Hunter Rise

No idea what would take GOTY. Leaning towards Psychonauts 2 right now.

1. Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart
  2. Deathloop
  3. Resident Evil Village
  4. It Takes Two
  5. Metroid Dread
  6. Returnal

Saying this without having played Dread or SMT V - Returnal was the game experience of 2021. It deserves that award.

For those that haven't played it - the experience is transformational of the quality you feel playing Ocarina or Mario 64. It was something brand new - an experience that never existed before and I enjoyed it immensely.

It was also the first game I ever streamed to my friends so they could experience it with me because of the cost required to play it.

The games I'm more enthusiastic about being nominated and would eager for any of them to win are Metroid Dread, Shin Megami Tensei V, Resident Evil VIllage and Monster Hunter Rise. Ratchet and Clank definitely deserve too. I don't think it deserves but I'm sure as hell Cyberpunk will get nominated.

I think Ratchet has a good chance of getting it this year. I expect Metroid to be nominated as well, but it'd be crazy if it won.

would be awesome if metroid dread got nominated for goty at the game advertisements awards, but i'm not holding my breath.

It has to, right? It's a critically acclaimed blockbuster from one of the major console players.
i feel like if we look at the list as 5 big games + one obligatory indie rep, there won't be room for dread this year. i hope i'm wrong tho.

It has to, right? It's a critically acclaimed blockbuster from one of the major console players.
Daily reminder Ori 2 got a 90+ Metacritic score and didn't get nominated at TGA even though it was higher than most of the games nominated.

Ghost of Tsushima got nominated and it only got an 85 metacritic score.

Back
Top Bottom