• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News Summer Games Fest 2024 Returns June 7th [2 pm PDT, 5 pm EDT, 9 pm GMT]

they hinted that Wilds would be its own major showcase, so it's more possible that it's the next RE or pragmata

Did they? I think they are gonna have a first actual trailer at SGF and then a deep dive announced soon after it, maybe a demo coming too, that's more or less what they did with World

Does Sony do stuff at SGF? I see Xbox. This just seems like another E3 ish thing but Nintendo and Sony(?) are not willing to go back to this format.

They like their autonomy.

Sony revealed Spiderman 2 release date at SGF last year iirc, it was weird they didn't reveal it a couple weeks before at the showcase

Does Sony do stuff at SGF? I see Xbox. This just seems like another E3 ish thing but Nintendo and Sony(?) are not willing to go back to this format.

Playstation is in the image of those 55 partners Geoff posted.

Team Cherry is not listed among the partners, but I'm still not sure that means no Silksong. After all, if they just put Team Cherry in there everybody would know what would be coming, and it'd ruin the surprise.

With that being said, with a Nintendo Direct, a Microsoft Showcase, and SGF all happening in June, this has got to be it. Right?!

Team Cherry is not listed among the partners, but I'm still not sure that means no Silksong. After all, if they just put Team Cherry in there everybody would know what would be coming, and it'd ruin the surprise.

With that being said, with a Nintendo Direct, a Microsoft Showcase, and SGF all happening in June, this has got to be it. Right?!
The thought that there's a non-zero chance of both Prime 4 and Silksong being revealed in the same month is crazy.

IIRC they announced (or would have if it didn't leak hours beforehand) TloU 1 remake at SGF one year

PlayStation is listed in the partners image on the previous page, so they're going to be showing off something during this year's event. Nintendo is 100% sitting this out, though.

Would kind of like if Square was there. Rebirth exclusivity lifts on May 29, and I believe they probably want it out as soon as possible on PC.

The thought that there's a non-zero chance of both Prime 4 and Silksong being revealed in the same month is crazy.
And it's wild there is a non-zero chance they'll be part of the same Direct.

Here we are expecting a lame June Direct that will only serve to give us something until the Switch 2 comes out, but it might actually be one of the best Directs ever.

Would kind of like if Square was there. Rebirth exclusivity lifts on May 29, and I believe they probably want it out as soon as possible on PC.
Not coming to PC for a while, 16 first and they probably want breathing room between releases on Steam.

Though it's SE so who knows.

I'm really hoping we get some news on III remake at the very least. I'm not expecting much on XII sadly.
III for sure, if they have an actual event I'm expecting some kind of XII tease. If not we'll have to wait until the first big Switch 2 event imo

Looking at the list of partners I am curious as to what we're going to see from a few of them.

Riot Games - They've shut their indie division down, they generally do their own marketing/event for stuff.
I wonder if this they'll drop a teaser trailer for Arcane Season 2 or it's their fighting game showing a new character.
I don't see anything else that could realistically coming from them here.

EA - Is this where Dragon Age: Dreadwolf finally gets a proper reveal?

Blumhouse Games - I did not know they went into games, seems like they haven't released their first title yet, curious what they could be doing.

Bokeh Game Studios Inc. - Curious to see more of Slitterhead.

Seeing both Ironmace Studios and Nexon at the event is sort of hilarious considering the hostility between the two entities.
For those who don't know: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_and_Darker
That legal issue section of the article is sure something.
Acrimonious relationship between business partners in South Korea is not uncommon but this truly was a trip.

2K - Could be anything...
Mafia 4? There's rumours about that.
Bioshock 4, they've been working on that since 2019.
Civ 7? Civ 6 was released eons ago.

NetEase Games could also be a lot of things. It's probably a new trailer for Project Mugen though.
MiHoYo can't be hogging all the gacha open world trailers at literally every event.

SEGA is another publisher who could be showing up anything.
They did announce 5 games during the last TGAs.
Some of them looked early, but that Shinobi game looked like it was further along in terms of polish.

Haven't been thrilled by these in the past, but if Dragon Age and/or Monster Hunter is showing up I'll be happy

I wish Nintendo would indirectly participate here either as a lead-in to a direct or to throw some announcements they couldn't fit into the direct.

Back
Top Bottom