• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

News Star Wars Jedi: Survivor Coming To PS4 And Xbox One

sagadego20

Paratroopa
Pronouns
He/Him

Star Wars Jedi: Survivor is headed to more platforms. During publisher Electronic Arts' earnings briefing, the company announced that developer Respawn is now in the "early stages" of bringing the Star Wars game to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

Jedi: Survivor launched at the end of April this year for PC, PlayStation 5, and Xbox Series X|S. The game enjoyed generally favorable reviews, but the PC version left something to be desired in terms of performance. EA released multiple patches to address the issues over time.

The game famously ran with no problems whatsoever on PS5, XSX, and PC, so I can't see this going wrong at all

That's pretty surprising. It has been getting pretty consistent patches, but it still has some issues on all the current platforms.

Great game though.

Probably Panic Button is doing the ports. They ported Jedi Fallen Order to the next gen and Apex Legends to Switch.

There's a big chance that both games make it to Switch, those folks are miracle workers. They've been doing something since Doom Eternal, it's got to be Jedi games.

Last edited:
The performance in this game is abysmal across all platforms. I played on PS5 and it is very choppy and inconsistent, despite now 7 patches. Good luck putting this on last gen.

This reminds me of when that one game Godfall got late PS4/XB1 ports...except those games are mid.

Very weird! Wish them the best...I guess?

A switch 2 port is definitely happening, I am really getting PS2 port vibes from all of this.

We are going to see a lot more PS4 ports. Especially considering that "Next Gen" experiences really don't exist. It's relatively easily to scale games back like this, since it's manpower, not technical prowess that is holding games back.

The game can apparently run on Steam Deck so I can see it happening.

That is true, it must be pretty scalable then. Would be funny if whoever ports it would make a better running version.

A switch 2 port is definitely happening, I am really getting PS2 port vibes from all of this.

We are going to see a lot more PS4 ports. Especially considering that "Next Gen" experiences really don't exist. It's relatively easily to scale games back like this, since it's manpower, not technical prowess that is holding games back.

Hmm this could be a PS2 type thing. I still wish them the best with this game.

i'm honestly more baffled at the fact smaller scale re-releases (The Metal Gear collection, Story of Seasons A Wonderful Life.) are going PS5/Xbox Series (and Switch somehow) only than this, really feels like it should be the other way around.

Mortal Kombat 1 also fits here, even though X went through the same process of having last-gen versions cease to exist.

Jedi Fallen Order was a mess on last gen home consoles already, especially the base platforms. I can't see this one turning out well with the current state of the game on PC/PS5.

GQVEczhWoAAsq2O.jpg:orig

these ports just recently got rated by the Classificação Indicativa in Brazil, suggesting they're still in active development.

i'd imagine there's only two ways this could go. either these become the most technologically impressive ports ever, or one of the worst.

hey look I posted here before

finished the game earlier this year on Series X when it dropped on EA Play/Game Pass. played it in performance mode. had a great time

GQVEczhWoAAsq2O.jpg:orig

these ports just recently got rated by the Classificação Indicativa in Brazil, suggesting they're still in active development.

i'd imagine there's only two ways this could go. either these become the most technologically impressive ports ever, or one of the worst.
I'm sticking with my hypothesis that a big reason these late ports exist is the game was greenlit for Switch 2 so the work was already being done to scale the game down. I wonder when they'll release. We're reaching a point in the generation where AAA PS4/XB1 games seem to be noticeably rarer.

As for performance, it'll be really interesting to see how much further they scale from the PC version at its lowest settings and/or the PS5/XSSX versions running in the Performance Mode they implemented later.

I'm sticking with my hypothesis that a big reason these late ports exist is the game was greenlit for Switch 2 so the work was already being done to scale the game down.
With it already functioning on the Steam Deck, I don't see how it would need a "scale down".

Certainly not the kind of scale you need for the Xbox One, which in its base configuration even Microsoft positions as less than double Nintendo Switch (official performance metrics being 1.4TF and 0.75TF respectively).

I'm not saying Xbox One is decrepitly weak, the way the industry has gone it still holds its own and gets a shocking number of new games, but it's a GPU design from well over a decade ago that uses DDR3 memory

This is a bit of an astounding jump in my eyes, but what it seems to mean is that games really ARE super scalable nowadays, even games that struggle on current gen can be kicked into shape on last gen without a ground-up doubling of effort, like PS2 often took.

PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, its successor and the current generation home consoles are going to hang around a very, very long time...

With it already functioning on the Steam Deck, I don't see how it would need a "scale down".

Certainly not the kind of scale you need for the Xbox One, which in its base configuration even Microsoft positions as less than double Nintendo Switch (official performance metrics being 1.4TF and 0.75TF respectively).

I'm not saying Xbox One is decrepitly weak, the way the industry has gone it still holds its own and gets a shocking number of new games, but it's a GPU design from well over a decade ago that uses DDR3 memory

This is a bit of an astounding jump in my eyes, but what it seems to mean is that games really ARE super scalable nowadays, even games that struggle on current gen can be kicked into shape on last gen without a ground-up doubling of effort, like PS2 often took.

PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, its successor and the current generation home consoles are going to hang around a very, very long time...
Fair points! I wasn't considering or very aware of the Steam Deck performance, so good call.

Back
Top Bottom