• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Metroid |ST| Trust The Process

Are we finally seeing Metroid Prime 4's re-reveal in the next Nintendo Direct?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dream scenario for the upcoming direct:
  • Host says something like, "let's talk about Metroid"
  • Metroid Zero Mission is now available for NSO expansion pass subscribers
  • Metroid Samus Returns is getting an enhanced switch port next year
  • Metroid Prime 2 + 3 are available on the eShop TODAY
  • Metroid Prime 4 trailer closes the segment with a release date for this fall
#TTP

#TTP
So instead of Farming Direct or JRPG Direct we'd have MetroiDirect

Hell yeah

#TTP
If all this happened, I would eat Soshi Abe's deep fried shoe.

acc.png

Here we go

I've seen a lot of people say that Metroid Prime 4 has to release on Switch because Nintendo announced it for the platform. But if they decided it would suit their strategy better to release it solely on the next console, couldn't they just do that and announce their original plan changed? Around here it seems that's not a possibility that's even able to be discussed and I wonder why the consensus is so firmly on a Switch release.

140M players. Nintendo could've scrapped all their work on BOTW and ignore the 13M people on Wii U, but they didn't. Also, it's a switch game from top to bottom, so would it showcase any Switch 2 capabilities?

Playing Metroid Planets right now and as someone who is extremely Zero Mission pilled this feels wrong. Still fun tho
Nice! Which version are you playing? 1.27g is pretty out of date at this point, but it contains Novus, which is a world based more around Super Metroid (it's still its own, original map though). Zebeth makes for a really solid remake of the original (more faithful than Zero Mission for the purists out there), but I much prefer Novus between the two. Highly recommend giving it a shot!
I've seen a lot of people say that Metroid Prime 4 has to release on Switch because Nintendo announced it for the platform. But if they decided it would suit their strategy better to release it solely on the next console, couldn't they just do that and announce their original plan changed? Around here it seems that's not a possibility that's even able to be discussed and I wonder why the consensus is so firmly on a Switch release.
My line of thought is simply that they're unlikely to have poured all this money into MP4, only to kneecap its sales by making it exclusive to the new console. Nothing to do with them having previously announced it for Switch, I just reckon it'd make logical sense to wanna sell to as many folks as possible. Metroid doesn't seem to me like the type of game that'd be good to try to sell people on a new console with, but I guess we can only wait and see what happens.

Nice! Which version are you playing? 1.27g is pretty out of date at this point, but it contains Novus, which is a world based more around Super Metroid (it's still its own, original map though). Zebeth makes for a really solid remake of the original (more faithful than Zero Mission for the purists out there), but I much prefer Novus between the two. Highly recommend giving it a shot!

My line of thought is simply that they're unlikely to have poured all this money into MP4, only to kneecap its sales by making it exclusive to the new console. Nothing to do with them having previously announced it for Switch, I just reckon it'd make logical sense to wanna sell to as many folks as possible. Metroid doesn't seem to me like the type of game that'd be good to try to sell people on a new console with, but I guess we can only wait and see what happens.

I think Metroid Prime 4 is the kind of hardcore game you want to push with new hardware.

1.33 for Zebeth currently, depending on how much I like it I'm definitely going to check out 1.27g as well though!

Back
Top Bottom